Hands-On Technical Project Lead
1. Active Directory, Exchange, VMWare ESX/vSphere/vCenter, Storage Systems (SANs, NASs, etc.), Windows Server (and Small Business Server) for 2003 through current versions (strong knowledge/experience in most current versions is necessary);
- The right candidate must have excellent skills and hands-on practical experience in technical project and people management. Project Management (PM) skills do not need to be for large team and/or multi-million dollar type projects like ERP implementations or Data Center build-outs. PM skills need to be for $5k-$200k size projects with 2-5 person teams.
- Demonstrated ability to define, organize and manage these types of projects with outstanding organizational skills and the ability to take initiative, follow up and follow through while juggling multiple/simultaneous projects/tasks and clients is a must. Ability to convince very busy IT Staff that are pulled daily in multiple directions to stay on task and on target for project deadlines is critical.
- General Project Planning & Budgeting skills and experience, as well as detailed project planning (work breakdown structures, etc.); project and technical team leadership/management; working with/under a project management methodology type approach and takes full accountability for the entire project are all important to be successful in this position.
- Depth of expertise and hands-on practical experience (setup, configuration, deployment, production support and problem troubleshooting/resolution) for:
2. Solid Networking knowledge/skills (Switches, Routers, Firewalls, etc.);
3. Network attached devices including NAS, printers, faxes, scanners, etc.;
4. Experience configuring, monitoring and troubleshooting server and workstation data backup systems;
5. Storage Area Network (SAN) experience, ideally with Isilon & HP SAN solutions;
6. Other specifics like DNS, WINS, DHCP, Scripts, TCP/IP and related protocols, POP/SMTP/IMAP.
Expert Vmware, Expert MS Exchange Server, Expert Active Directory, None, None None.
- Someone with Heavy server side skills with good depth those specific areas who has lots of practical production experience in proper configuration and troubleshooting with all the above. Its more common to find people who have setup and deployed these things and can do the mundane/routine maintenance to keep it operational, but its another level of skills and experience for someone to really be able to diagnose problems and troubleshoot/resolve them, and do experienced based complete configuration/re-configuration of these things. Its the latter person were looking for in the above technologies. Very hands-on, very knowledgeable, great depth in these technologies, not someone who only knows the surface of these things.
- Someone who has a background in client facing on-site helpdesk support (not remote/phone support) would be a big plus, but we want someone who has outgrown just doing helpdesk support and now has all the back-end and other experience listed here as well.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills. Someone who can be client-facing, work independently in the field and in-house, and effectively communicate with senior management, non-technical end users, technical staff, and technical third party vendors.
- Excellent ability to adapt to new client and network environments/situations. Outstanding organizational skills with the ability to take initiative and follow up and follow through while juggling multiple/simultaneous projects/tasks and clients.
- Will be a team player, follow company policies and is willing to put forth extra effort as needed when needed.
Founded in 1948, Robert Half pioneered the concept of specialized professional staffing services. As it has grown, the company has kept its...