The candidate will lead an application development team charged with creating and implementing new releases of a web-based system every six months. Responsibilities include developing work breakdown structures, detailed project schedules, estimates, resource plans, and status reports. The candidate must have 5+ years experience managing medium to large scale complex projects with an established record of delivering systems on time and within budget.
The business clients for this application are geographically dispersed. Much of the requirements gathering and definition phases will be performed using conference calls and occasional out-of-town travel; possibly up to two to three days of travel per month during peak periods.
The project team consists of a project manager, a technical lead, a systems analyst, two Java developers, a data architect, and a part time system architect.
- Direct supervision of technical staff.
- Creation of a complex project plan with tasks based on the UP process.
- Daily monitoring and updating of the project plan using MS Project.
- Creation of project variance and exception reports using MS Project/MS Server.
- Weekly reporting to upper management
- Participation in the creation and delivery of PMBOK artifacts
- PMP Certification or equivalent experience is required
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal.
- At least three years experience leading OO project development efforts from inception through implementation.
- A thorough understanding of the Unified Process
- Familiar with JEE technologies
- Experience working with geographically dispersed clients a plus
- Must have 5+ years experience managing development teams delivering medium to complex projects on time and on budget
JobServe USA - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard