Technical Project Manager – Service Systems
Tesla's goal is to produce a full range of electric cars, from sports cars to mass-market vehicles – relentlessly driving down the cost of electric vehicles. It is currently the only U.S. automaker that builds and sells highway-capable EVs in serial production. Palo Alto, California-based Tesla designs and manufactures EVs and EV powertrain components. Tesla has delivered more than 2,300 Roadsters to customers in North America, Europe and the Asia Pacific Region. Model S, the first premium sedan built from the ground up as an electric vehicle with 100 vehicles produced and 74 delivered so far.
Tesla is looking for a bright and motivated Project Manager to directly support our Global Service organization. This person will be responsible for the project management of key Service Systems with the primary focus development of a Service Center Management System. The ideal candidate will be a strong communicator with the ability to work with both internal and external stakeholders to drive key organizational goals. This person possess the ability to quickly evaluate work flows and processes, identify opportunities, set deadlines and follow up with cross-functional departments to make sure deadlines are achieved on time and on budget.
• Manage the development and deployment of a Service Center Management Systems for the Service team.
• Responsible for working directly with the Head of Service, other internal stakeholder and outside vendors to implement new Service Systems.
• Help create and drive other strategic service plans to meet company goals and objectives.
• Partner with Tesla’s Retail/Service Development and Service Operations to understand future opportunities and potential challenges in the field.
• Prepare presentations and clearly communicate findings from initiatives to senior management and to the broader organization.
• Detailed understanding of existing Dealer Management Systems (ADP, Reynolds & Reynolds, Dealertrack) required.
• BA/BS degree preferred with a strong academic record, MBA preferred
• Minimum 5+ years of project management experience in a fast paced global organization, preferably in a service related field or function.
• Strong project management, interpersonal and organizational skills, with a desire to make continuous improvements
• Ability to see and evaluate things at the granular as well as big picture levels.
• Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Visio software applications for analysis and possible presentations.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, constantly evolving team environment
• Impeccable communication skills; capable of influencing decision makers at all levels
Tesla Motors - 11 months ago
Tesla Motors intends to spark the public's passion and eco-conscience for electric vehicles. Founded in 2003, the company...