Delivering any data, anywhere, anytime, EdgeCast is the world's fastest and most reliable content delivery network. Founded in 2006 by technology entrepreneurs with years of experience building companies in the Internet infrastructure space, we built our network to provide the fastest, smartest content delivery on the planet. And, according to independent experts, we did exactly that - we consistently rank among the top-performing CDNs in the industry. Outstanding service is in our blood. We hope it shows through in everything we do. We are headquartered in lovely Santa Monica, CA, and recently celebrated our 200th employee.
The Technical Project Manager drives EdgeCast’s technical infrastructure projects by leveraging solid knowledge of formal project management methodologies, and demonstrated success on large-scale projects. Must be a strong communicator and influencer to deliver on-time concurrent projects with a high degree of quality. This role will help standardize project management methodologies and define standards of excellence. TPM’s are also expected to lead the education of project resources on process and methodology.
The successful candidate has experience creating and executing project plans, defining and controlling project scope, and formulating and tracking project schedules.
- Execute and maintain project management processes in the areas of project schedule, quality management, communications management, risk/issue management, and change management.
- Develop and maintain project schedules and calendars with the input and assistance of technical leads
- Facilitate team meetings, providing meeting minutes and action items where needed
- Build strong communication channels with internal stakeholders in various departments: business units, IT operations, development teams, release management and networking
- Track tasks assigned to the project team and prepare regular status reports
- Responsible for tracking project changes and producing updated schedules
- Influence continuous improvement of project management methodologies including: assessment of project delivery capabilities, gathering and reporting performance metrics, establishing corresponding targets, and measurement of on-going progress.
- Identify and manage interdependencies between applications, platforms, services, and environments
- Ensure smooth communication within the project team and other cross-functional teams
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Technology or related, or equivalent work experience
- 3 years of experience in a technology or internet-oriented project management role
- Technology expertise: web software, application infrastructure, content delivery, video streaming, IP transit, and server architecture
- Experience in process and implementation management in a technology company
- Proven ability to multi-task with a high attention to detail in a fast-paced environment
- MUST be hands-on and able to roll up their sleeves
- Able to effectively manage resources, track and complete projects before scheduled deadlines
- PMI certification a plus, Scrum Master certification highly desired
- Highly motivated and self-driven
- Possesses excellent communication and people skills: written, verbal, presentation, and interpersonal
- A forward-thinker, who operates with urgency, focus, discipline, and minimal supervision
- Ability to learn quickly new technologies and articulate best practices to a variety of stakeholders
- Experience working in a fast-paced startup environment is highly desired.
- Ethical, fair and of high integrity
- Competitive base salary
- Performance bonus
- Stock Options
- Matching 401K
- Choice of HMO or 2 PPO plans.
- Employee Referral Bonus program
- Corporate Discounts on Entertainment, Dining, Shopping, Computers, Gym Membership
- Beautiful Santa Monica location
- Excellent career growth potential
Equal Opportunity Employer EOE/AA M/F/D/V
EdgeCast Networks, Inc. offers a superior, cost-effective, global content delivery service that gives our customers competitive advantage in...