Digital Air Strike is looking for a Technical Project Manager to join its product development team in the Sunnyvale, CA office. As a Technical Project Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring the successful coordination and delivery of product development projects on time and within budget. To do so, this position will own resource management across the key product initiatives and manage delivery through all major SLDC milestones. The Technical Project Manager will report to the SVP, Technology and work closely with Product & Design leads to prioritize backlog and with Development leads to coordinate development process.
This role must possess a balance of analytical problem solving, project management, technical and personnel management skills. Candidate should have a proven track record in leading technical, cross-functional teams in the delivery of complex systems within established cost, schedule, and performance goals. The ideal candidate will be well versed in product development, enterprise systems and release management best practices. To be successful in this role, a candidate requires strong customer focus, great technical aptitude, a deep understanding of all aspects of the software development processes and excellent cross-team collaboration skills.
The successful candidate will have a strong project management background with experience working with Agile. The role requires strong communication and time management skills, the ability to work closely with people at different levels throughout the organization and a desire to create and execute against a plan.
- Manage scope, schedule milestones and budget across program and projects to ensure completion of project goals.
- Identify and track project interdependencies to ensure timely and successful delivery
- Identify and manage the resources commitments on which the schedules and roadmaps will be built. Optimize resource and capacity planning to support project goals.
- Identify, track, prioritize and drive resolution of program level issues, leveraging lessons learned from prior experience and work to address and mitigate systemic issues
- Communicate timely and accurate status to appropriate levels and stake holders. Ensure escalations to the appropriate individuals/groups are done early and often
- Embrace and drive existing PLC method, adopting the processes and tools necessary to effectively manage solution delivery through the application life cycle while suggesting best practice improvements
- Ensure appropriate amount of process and control to manage deployment risk, and ensure deliverable quality and performance while minimizing unnecessary administrative overhead.
- Provide delivery leadership to project teams; Communicate priorities with team members, identifying and managing dependencies to keep the momentum moving forward
- Actively collaborate with leaders across the technology organization to ensure that resources, dependencies, risks and constraints are aggressively managed in a timely fashion
- Establish a clear picture of project scope and estimation; monitoring change requests and predicting/seeing significant changes to scope and updating appropriate parties
- Communicate priorities with team members, identifying and managing dependencies to keep the momentum moving forward
- 8-10 years of product development and program leadership / project management experience related to software development ideally at an Internet company deploying software into a live web environment
- Proven ability to develop effective, matrixed, cross-organization relationships, collaborating and communicating across business and technology stakeholders and multiple geographies
- Strong technical acumen, able to ensure that technical solutions, strategies, practices, and governance deliver business and customer value
- Deep knowledge of project management process, project management software tools, templates and management techniques
- Experience with different software development methodologies including agile development methodologies such as Scrum
- Success in developing program/project level artifacts to support a major software implementation program with concurrent releases
- Have prior technical hands on experience and up to date familiarity with .Net, Microsoft C# or C++, T-SQL or PL/SQL.
- A keen interest in exploring and utilizing new technologies and products including new features in Windows Azure, Windows PowerShell, the .NET Framework and the C# language
- Carry a smartphone and be on call to facilitate issues that require immediate attention.
- Strong bias for action
- Strong leadership skills; self-motivated and a self-starter with a "Can do" attitude
- Team player, energetic personality, quality minded, focused, committed, and able to work independently in a fast paced, changing environment.
- High degree of professional confidence and credibility with effective presence, strong written and verbal communication skills, able to communicate technical concepts and plans at all levels.
- Strong problem solving skills, able to prioritize among many conflicting needs, advocate a course of action, and pursue it consistently but flexible and responsive to dynamic situations
- Bachelors degree in a technical discipline such as Engineering, Computer Science, etc.
- Strong technical and project management skills (PMP Certification is a plus); Ability to understand and explain technical challenges/concepts to non-technical people
- Intermediate to expert skills with project management tools such as JIRA, Hansoft, and Microsoft productivity tools, such as OneNote, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, and Visio
- Experience managing high-profile projects involving 3rd party vendor teams with geographic separation (specifically a team in India that will required coordination meetings between 9PM – 10PM CA time.
Compensation and Benefits:
- We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package including Medical coverage, 401k, Vacation Time, and other benefits options.
How to Apply:
- For more information about the company please visit the company website: www.digitalairstrike.com.
- Please submit your application, including cover letter and salary requirements, by using the “Apply” process provided on the job board.
- Digital Air Strike is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class.
About Digital Air Strike
- Digital Air Strike provides the industry’s most complete automotive social media and digital marketing solution. The company developed a turnkey program that manages social media sites, online reputation and digital lead responses for dealerships nationwide. The company offers multiple tiers of service ranging from targeted social media and review site management to comprehensive multi-vehicle quoting with behavioral targeting capabilities. Digital Air Strike’s expertise spans all manufacturer brands and has a proven track record of helping automotive dealers, dealership groups and manufacturers engage with more consumers while delivering increased website traffic. Additional information is available at www.DigitalAirStrike.com and www.facebook.com/digitalairstrike.
Indeed - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard -