Mobiquity is seeking to hire a Technical Manager who will be responsible for leading multiple agile delivery teams from a technical perspective. The Technical Manager is a key member of the delivery organization management team and will report to the Director of Technical Delivery. The selected candidate will lead multiple teams of mobile application software developers and software quality assurance engineers to deliver enterprise scale mobile systems and applications. The ideal candidate has hands on experience with mobile and open source technologies and has demonstrated the ability to take ownership of complex technical projects from requirements through delivery. Travel to a client site or other delivery centers may be required.
- Lead one or more agile mobile development projects from a technical perspective. Identify and manage technical project dependencies and critical path items.
- Supervise, mentor, motivate and support delivery team members.
- Create self-organizing agile teams. Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
- Take ownership of Design and User Stories supplied by UX/Architecture at project start and become the recognized expert of required feature/functionality for the project.
- Ensure all required construction team infrastructure is initialized including: Jira, Github, CI Environment, and Skype. Ensure these tools are used according to Mobiquity Delivery standards.
- Review code changes and user story completion. Manage the release process and ensure frequent quality releases to QA team.
- Ensure sprint planning, daily standups and refactoring/reflection meetings are conducted according to agile standards and act as Moderator for these sessions.
- Review the status of each project with the project manager and technical team. Make recommendations for improvement and issue resolution.
- Proactively manage changes in project technical scope, anticipate potential issues, and take responsibility for their resolution.
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the technical delivery teams
- Work closely with technical and business project stakeholders on an ongoing basis within and outside of the Delivery Center including Project Manager, UX Designer and Architect.
- Foster a strong relationship with the Project Manager to maintain a realistic task schedule, where all technical resources are prepared and available to meet delivery due dates.
- Conduct project post-delivery reviews and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project histories.
- Experience with client-facing projects (not just internal development efforts)
- Experience developing and testing mobile applications (iOS or Android) preferred
- Experience developing web based applications using open source technology stacks and frameworks
- Experience leading agile software development teams
- Experience managing in-house technologists and remote resources
- Proven understanding and ability to implement software development best practices, policies and procedures
- Strong people management skills
- A Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Science, is required, graduate degree preferred
- Minimum 2+ year’s software development technical management experience
- Minimum 5+ years in software development
- Demonstrated initiative to stay current in software development and mobile technology
- Strong customer interaction skills and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to deliver on or before schedule and under pressure
- Sense of humor and ability to lead in difficult situations
- Self-starter, capable of working independently
- Able to travel and be on-site at multiple Mobiquity clients and offices
- Team-oriented appraoch
Mobiquity - 8 months ago