The Business Unit Cultures has an ambitious growth strategy for the coming years with the goal of becoming a Tier I cultures and dairy enzymes supplier around the globe. In North America we have an opportunity for a Technical Sales Manager to serve customers in the cheese market. This position can be based anywhere in the United States.
The Technical Sales Manager (TSM) supports the introduction of new products to existing customers/application areas. The TSM leads and/or supports the technical sales process and provides technical (after sales) support to customers related to the applications where DFS products are used. This supports achievement of sales targets, realization of account plans and regional sales plans. All activities should contribute to an improved value proposition of DSM products in the application of its customers’ products.
Key areas of accountability/responsibility:
- Technical Support - Supports customers in applying DFS products. Performs troubleshooting activities and supports product rationalization and replacement. Answers technical questions of customers, distributors and DFS sales force about products and applications. Plays an important role in understanding customer complaints. These activities will include providing advice to customers about how best to use DFS products, provide training to customers and distributors and manage trials in customer facilities to demonstrate product benefits.
- Account Management – Manages and grows business with assigned accounts. Where necessary, shares expertise and works as a team with other TSMs to provide industry leading service to customers. Identifies new business opportunities and develops/executes plan to achieve. These activities may include providing advice on the use of our products.
- Application Demonstrations and Presentations - Prepares application demos and presentations to demonstrate product functionality and benefits to the customers. This can also be done at (international) conferences, seminars or exhibitions.
- Scanning Business Opportunities and Innovation - Identifies opportunities of products in scope at (existing) customer base. Monitors and shares competitive and customer technical developments, new applications and new products. Supports DFS innovation by scanning for business opportunities in the market and initiating customized application development.
- Product Launches - Supports account managers and market development managers with product introductions to new and existing clients and comes with suggestions to improve product positioning and commercialization based upon earlier results.
In this position we are seeking a candidate with the following personal competencies and qualifications:
- Bachelors or Masters degree or equivalent experience in Food Science or related field.
- Knowledge of dairy industry and dairy markets.
- 7-10 years of dairy industry experience, technical experience in the cheese industry preferred.
- Experience in a business to business commercial environment.
- Excellent communication, planning and organizational skills.
- Fluent in English.
- Qualities like ambition, initiative, discipline, market and result orientation and obviously teamwork are essential for a technical service manager.
- Must exhibit DSM behaviors: Customer and external focus; Drive For Results; Engage People; Act Responsibly; and Improve, Innovate, and Change.
The Procedure and Contact
DSM's wide diversity of disciplines makes it possible to offer employees a great variety of roles throughout their career. For instance, you may start your career in an area related to your education/qualifications, but your future is what you make of it. At DSM we stimulate people to determine their own career path and we encourage international careers. We strive to be an Employer of Choice and ensure that our employees are nurtured and given the opportunity to develop their talents. To learn more about DSM’s HR vision and policy, please visit our website at www.dsm.com/careers .
Please apply on-line and send your resume and cover letter, including information on your current salary. Reference check procedures are part of the DSM Recruitment & Selection Process. You will be contacted when these references checks are required.
DSM wants to get more out of life, or at least life and material sciences. It focuses on nutritional products and performance materials,...