Technical Sales Representative - Sales Engineer - Hartford, CT
Requisition ID: 10483
Nalco, an Ecolab Company, has an immediate need for a Technical Sales Representative in our Water and Process Services group located in Hartford, CT. If you are a passionate sales professional with a proven track record of success in technical sales we invite you to apply. This is your opportunity to join a large growing company offering a competitive base salary, bonus structure and benefits.
You will be primarily responsible for revenue and profit growth of Nalco programs and services in targeted accounts within the Institutional industries. You will be required to take a consultative sales approach with a primary emphasis on strong account leadership skills and on converting strategic competitive accounts. In addition, you must build long-term relationships with an existing customer base by understanding their key business drivers, executing system assurance programs, and selling new technologies. Relocation assistance would be provided for the right candidate.
Territory/Location Information: This position is based in Hartford, CT and covers about a 60-mile radius of the surrounding area.
- Generate and execute sales plans in existing customer base, and in assigned competitively-held accounts, to meet defined territory profit increase goals. Target % sales time will be approximately 20-40%.
- Work closely with current and prospective customers to understand business needs and recommend continuous improvement and innovation plans that will maintain and grow sales within assigned territory.
- Develop strong relationships with key stakeholders in current and prospective customers, including plant or facility executives
- Provide technical support to customers; identifying and resolving customer challenges, escalating as required.
- Engage in problem solving by performing system analysis, interpreting data and providing written recommendations to ensure customer operations are performing at optimal levels.
- Actively sell and support Nalco innovations and technology in assigned customers to promote long-term business relationships with Nalco
- Travel within assigned sales territory
- Bachelor's Degree
- 1+ years of successful technical sales or field sales support experience
- 20% overnight travel required to support sales territory
- Must have a valid Driver's License and acceptable Motor Vehicle Record
- No immigration sponsorship offered for this role
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering (Chemical, Mechanical, Industrial), or Life Sciences (Biology, Chemistry, etc.)
- 3+ years of successful technical sales or field sales support experience
- Water treatment or specialty chemical industry experience
- Working knowledge of boilers, cooling towers, and wastewater treatment systems
- High computer application literacy (including Microsoft Office Suite, and ability to learn internal business systems)
- History of working in a field that required autonomy and self-motivation
- Prior experience that required excellent communication skills
- Prior experience that required excellent organizational skills
- Account leadership experience that includes calling on multi-level plant or facilities management to accomplish company goals
- Prior experience that demonstrates a strong work ethic and ability to multi-task
Keywords: Engineering, Sales, Sales Engineer, Chemical Engineering, Sales and Chemicals, Engineering jobs, Sales, Sales Engineering jobs, Sales and technical
Primary Location: US-CT-Hartford
Ad Code: J2W: CB2, J2W: LINA
Ecolab cleans up by cleaning up. The company offers cleaning, sanitation, pest-elimination, and maintenance products and services to...