Position Description: The Technical Sales Representative for NDT Products is responsible for developing a sales strategy and implementing the sales plan, promoting and demonstrating the company's products and services, with the goal of closing sales while attaining a sales target. The Technical Sales Representative will be responsible for knowing the technical features of all of the products within their product line and be able to effectively demonstrate the products to the customer. In
addition to technical knowledge, the Technical Sales Representative will also be responsible for knowing how to perform and manage the selling process of a technical selling cycle. Since this is an outside sales position, the Technical Sales Representative will be expected to travel the majority of the time to meet customer for the purpose of product demonstrations and selling product This is accomplished by completing a sales plan each year, identifying key prospects and customers, and then
working and reviewing the sales plan. The Technical Sales Representative - NDT Products has the following duties and responsibilities: |
• Meeting the sales target for their territory on all products.
• Visit customers to demonstrate product and discuss sales opportunities on a daily basis in the assigned territory.
• Working closely with others at Olympus NDT to coordinate the overall selling efforts of the company.
• Completing, working, reviewing, and improving a Sales
Plan that includes an action plan for increasing sales to active customers and prospective customers, scheduling full coverage of the territory, maintaining a high level of in-field time, and continually improving product presentation skills and product knowledge.
• Responding to all customer phone calls and emails in a timely manner.
• Generating leads for the other Olympus NDT sales reps.
• Completing timely quotations to customers working through the sales engineers and
• Using the Olympus NDT CRM package for completing daily tasks and management reporting.
• Timely completion of all periodic sales reports, quotations, calendar events, and opportunity management.
• Coordinating sales to key accounts with the regional managers, other sales representatives.
• Completing 10 product demonstrations or visits per week.
• Following up on all leads provided by Olympus.
• Prospecting and cold calling to identify new
• Participation and presentation in local professional groups. And Learn and implement the Miller Heiman strategic selling methodology
• Professional selling skills and training
• Sales territory management abilities
• Self directed, highly motivated, strategic thinker
• Strong computer skills
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Willingness to travel approximately 70% of time EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
• 4 year college degree in a technical discipline, business degree or nondestructive testing discipline or equivalent sales experience
years of experience in sales of electronics or industrial products sales
Olympus NDT is an equal opportunity firm. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or veteran status.
Olympus - NDT - 13 months ago
Olympus NDT is a world leader in the NDT industry with its inspection system based on the integration of various technologies. In fact, our...