Under the direction of the School of Continuing Studies (SCS) Deans and Administrative Assistants, the Technical Secretary is responsible for providing technical assistance and training to students, Faculty, and Staff concerning office equipment and AV equipment operation and related software. In addition, the Technical Secretary will provide general clerical support for the Dean’s Office.
Essential functions of this position include but are not limited to:
The schedule for this part-time union position is 20 hours per week, Monday through Thursday, 4pm - 9pm at the Providence Campus.
- Providing technical support including training, information and issue resolution for SCS student, faculty and staff via e-mail, phone, and other electronic medium
- Responding to calls, e-mails and visits by students, faculty and others about SCS related matters and providing information to the appropriate individual or resource
- Assisting users with modem/router set up for Dialup/DSL Internet connections and in the set-up and functionality of University AV equipment
- Assisting with software configuration for Internet application servers
- Facilitating user account names using University provided data and following University protocol
- Providing system and applications training to online or directed seminar clients.
A one year certificate from college or technical school in a related field is required as well as a minimum of 6 months office or secretarial experience or the equivalent combination of training, education, and experience. Candidates must be able to demonstrate the ability to assess and resolve basic hardware and software issues for a variety of systems and programs such as Microsoft Office Suite, the Internet and Internet Search engines, copiers and printers. To be successful, candidates must be able to type with keyboarding proficiency of 40 – 60 wpm. Knowledge of Audio Visual Equipment set up and operation and excellent oral and written communication skills are needed.
Preferred qualifications include an Associates degree in information technology, business, or secretarial science and experience in a college or university setting.
At the University's discretion, the education and experience prerequisites may be excepted where the candidate can demonstrate, to the satisfaction of the University, an equivalent combination of education and experience specifically preparing the candidate for success in the position.
Roger Williams University is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to inclusive excellence and encourages applications from underrepresented populations.
Roger Williams University - 13 months ago