UTC Climate, Controls & Security is the leading provider of heating, air conditioning and refrigeration systems, building controls and automation, and fire and security solutions. UTC Climate, Controls & Security is a unit of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE: UTX), a leading provider to the aerospace and building systems industries worldwide.
AREA OF EXPERTISE:
Testing and control of raw materials and finished product quality, ensuring compliance with company standards and applicable government regulations.
LEVEL OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Manage technical support for Strategic Accounts contractors through coordination of Technical Service Managers (TSM) post installation site inspections and turn-back elimination.
- Support the problem resolution group and other internal customers in gathering and providing data relevant to solving technical issues.
- Support and implementing corporate policies and objectives including ethics, ACE program, and other quality initiatives.
- Train TSM's and Strategic Accounts contractors on HVAC original equipment manufacturer control systems.
- Develop training materials to present at technical meetings and distributor/dealer events.
- Track and reporting monthly expenses.
- Provide exceptional organizational, presentation, and customer service skills.
- Support the quality staff to provide expert advice and knowledge resources for multiple HVAC products in unique hardware configurations.
- Other task may be required as assigned including engagement with warranty administration, development of field solutions and training for emerging Strategic Accounts issues.
- Responsible for several components of a project or a complex component of a larger project.
- Contributes to their team or department by applying their knowledge of one or more functional areas.
- Fully developed professional able to work without direct guidance or direction from others.
- Has in depth knowledge of the discipline and role.
The ideal candidate will possess a technical degree with the following years of experience:
- BA/BS degree w/4--7+ years experience
- MA/MS degree w/2-5+ years experience
- Proven experience demonstrating excellent conflict resolution, negotiation, and problem solving skills in high pressure and challenging environments.
- 2+ years experience in a quality improvement positions working with warranty data/systems.
- 2+ years experience in a position requiring technical presentations.
- Exceptional customer service skills required.
- Proven examples demonstrating excellent oral, written and presentation communication skills.
- Must be willing to travel up to 25% of the time and sometimes on short notice in support of customer needs.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) including the ability to analyze data to identify trends.
- Must be a highly motivated self starter, customer focused and willing to work in a fast paced and challenging environment.
The incumbent is responsible for complying with UTC's "Code of Ethics,"the "Policy Statement on Business Ethics and Conduct in Contracting with the U.S. Government," and related policies. In executing his/her responsibilities, incumbent shall take all steps necessary to foster open communications and to support UTC ('9s compliance, business practices, DIALOG, and Ombudsman programs.
The incumbent in this role will also be responsible for complying with UTC's Environmental, Health and Safety (EH&S) policy and applicable regulatory and Company rules and requirements.
Carrier shouldered the load of keeping things hot and cold. The company was the world's largest maker of heating,...