TECHNICAL SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE
Provides customers technical services in coordination with marketing activities; assists customers in the application of company products. Provide technical service support as required in the field. Primary function is to support sales team and customers in safe and proper application of our products in accordance with specifications.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Maintain records of the application of company products including day to day climate/conditions and surface preparation information
- Perform quality checks of surface preparation, and the application steps in the painting process
- Assist customers/applicators in the proper application of coatings and paint systems in accordance with company specifications
- Advise customers/applicators and immediate supervisor when conditions are not within company specifications
Working as part of a dynamic global business you will be fully supported to further develop your skills in an exciting and challenging environment. In addition we offer first class benefits, the opportunity to travel and excellent career opportunities to those with the potential to succeed.
- High school graduate or equivalent; college degree preferred
- Minimum 3-5 years basic sales experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to travel
- Attention to detail
- Understands marine industry practices
- Sound knowledge of coating application, techniques and parameters. Ability to apply principles of observation, logical, or scientific thinking to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions; to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagrammatic form. Deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- After completion of initial medical review and a drug and alcohol screen, employees performing TSR tasks are subject to periodic medical exams to determine their fitness to work as a TSR. Many customers also require TSRs to be tested for drugs on a random basis if TSRs visit or perform work on their sites.
- Read: Ability to read newspapers, periodicals, journals, manuals, dictionaries, thesauruses, encyclopedias, safety rules
- Write: Ability to prepare business letters, expositions, summaries, and reports, using prescribed format. Must be able to prepare technical reports and maintain proper diaries as well as be able to document time and motion.
- Speak: Ability to participate in group discussions and debates; to speak extemporaneously on a variety of subjects. Ability to speak coherently, accurately, and precisely.
- Hear: Ability to detect safety alarms and increase awareness in high risk areas.
- May have to work around water therefore must have the ability to swim
Further information about our business can be found on: http://www.internationalpaint.com http://www.akzonobel.com
SALARY & BENEFITS
This position offers a competitive salary accompanied with a comprehensive benefits package including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short-term & Long-term Disability, 401(k) with immediate company match, Tuition Reimbursement, and much more.
AGENCIES / DIRECT PLACEMENT
This position is not open to external agencies. Resumes submitted from placement firms will be considered unsolicited and we will not be obligated to pay a referral fee.
Must be eligible to work in the United States. Employment contingent upon successful completion of background investigation and required pre-employment drug screening. Environmentally-responsible business. Phone calls will not be accepted.
Akzo Nobel is an Equal Opportunity Employer Additional Information
Must be eligible to work in the United States. Employment contingent upon successful completion of background investigation and pre-employment drug screening required. Environmentally-responsible business. Phone calls will not be accepted.
Akzo Nobel is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
AkzoNobel - 21 months ago