A Technical Service Representative will be responsible for servicing and advising the application and specification of Yacht Division (both Awlgrip and Interlux Brands) Products primarily on the West Coast including but not limited to custom boat builders, production boat builders, applicators, and M&R Boat Yards.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Services and sells Yacht Division products for the Awlgrip and Interlux Brands; in support of the regional sales force to help achieve Sales Budgets and maintains Expenses within budgeted guidelines.
- Provides service to both direct-buy and non direct buy accounts, concerning, new products, training, specification writing and technical service.
- Responds to customer needs concerning product selection, application, performance and/or complaints.
- Handles all aspects of the Hands on portion of YPAC sessions held in Orange, CA or in remote sessions on the West Coast.
- Manages complaints (product and service oriented) in the field with the proper submission of reports through the complaint system and follow through / communication.
- Prepares regular and special reports including but not limited to month-end reports and expense reports.
- Complete product trials and evaluations
- Market Information Collection and Feedback
- Safety requirements such as BBS and Safety meetings.
- High School Diploma/GED
- 10 years of large Yacht applicator experience in either a similar role/position or within the coatings industry.
- Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions; to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagrammatic form. Deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to compute discount, ratio and proportion and percentages to calculate surfaces, volume, weights and measures.
- Ability to read literature, books and scientific and technical journals.
- Ability to write reports on technical and customer service problems, and product testing.
- Must be able to speak persuasively with clear voice and diction and be able to comfortably facilitate training seminars
- Computer literate, familiarity with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, working knowledge of Power Point and ability to connect to the internet with working knowledge of email and internet browsing.
- Familiarity with shop math, with the ability to use practical application of fractions, percentages, ratio and proportion and the ability to measure algebraic and geometric constructions.
- Must be physically able to perform job-site surveys and inspections.
- Should be able to continuously walk or stand for significant periods of time.
- Should be able to ascend or descend ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps and such safely using feet, legs, hands and arms.
- Should be able to maintain body equilibrium so as to prevent falling when walking, standing, crouching or crawling on high, narrow, slippery, or erratically moving surfaces.
- Should be able to bend the body downward and forward at the waist by bending the spine at the waist and rise again without any pain.
- Should be able bend at the knee to rest on knee or knees and rise again without any pain.
- Should be able to bend downward and forward at waist and at knee and rise again without any pain.
- Should be able to move about on hands and knees or hands and feet in confined spaces.
- Should be able to fully extend hand and arm in any direction with no pain.
- Should be able to grab, hold, turn or otherwise manipulate an object of workable size and weight with the hands with no pain.
- Should be able to hold and manipulate items with fingers and be able to ascertain attributes such as size, shape, temperature or texture through skin receptors, particularly those in the finger tips.
- Should have clarity of vision at 20 feet or more and at 20 inches or less with or without corrective lenses.
- Should have depth perception or the ability to see three dimensionally so as to be able to judge distances and space relationships and to see objects where and as they actually are.
- Should have a normal field of vision having the ability to see up and down and right and left of an object when the eyes are fixed to that object.
- should be able to distinguish between colors.
Employee is expected perform these company success factors:
- Helps the customer
- Achieves expected results on time
- Understands the need to learn
- Open to change and new ideas
- Fulfils responsibilities in expected style
What can AkzoNobel offer you?
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short-term & Long-term Disability, 401(k) with immediate company match, Tuition Reimbursement, and much more.
Must be eligible to work in the United States. Employment contingent upon successful completion of background investigation and pre-employment drug screening required. Environmentally-responsible business. Phone calls will not be accepted.
Akzo Nobel is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
AkzoNobel - 18 months ago