This position is responsible to provide technical support and/or customer visits concerning product problem resolution. Provide dealer technical training when needed. Responsible to provide quick and accurate technical guidance to the dealer Accountable to the Technical Service & Training Managers
- Provide technical service support to the Volvo CE dealer network
- Provide technical service support to other business areas within Volvo CE NA as required
- Provide technical support on customer location when required
- Analyze problem issues in order to develop innovative resolutions at dealer and customer level
- Provide help desk support for technical inquiries from the Volvo CE dealer network
- Assist parts technical support and Volvo field support teams in solving technical product problems
- Document dealer and customer feedback, concerning technical issues, to the BL/BA and global customer support as outlined within the Volvo CE Product Maintenance Process
Main Tasks/ Responsibilities / Authorities:
- Assisting in development/testing of field fixes and updates, and implementing these solutions with the agreement of the responsible product platform
- Assist the Technology and Global Service Support in the development or update of technical publications and training aids/materials as needed
- Assisting with the implementation of technical service training to the Volvo CE dealer network as needed
- Assisting with planning and participate as a training instructor with the annual technical service training plan and schedule.
- Providing written communications to the Volvo CE dealer network concerning product updates and repair procedures as required via Techline and the Product Maintenance Process
- Assisting the FTSS and / or the DCSM in assessing dealer’s technical service training needs
- Documenting the communication to Global Service Support regarding the technical issues that affect product performance, reliability and durability, and assist in prioritization of these issues
- The technical liaison between the dealer and the Global CST
- Developing training aids/materials not provided by the Global Training but deemed necessary for the North America region
- Assist in Warranty claim review. Manage Material Return Process, SPC requests, and PROSIS/VCADS/TECHTOOL troubleshooting
- Maintain file maker (every call)
- Other duties assigned as required.
- Accountable to Technical Service & Training Manager
- Measured by timely answers (AOT) answer on time KPI, Region NA CSI score, policy warranty expenses, established training goals, and expense control as defined in the NA KPIs
- Proficient skills required in the following areas: problem solving and analysis, interpersonal, verbal and written communication, organization, leadership, group presentations, interpersonal skills
- Must be proficient in use of personal computer, including skills in the following software programs: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook
- Proficient in the use of various types of audio visual equipment
District Directors and District Business Managers are responsible for the commercial interface with management within the dealership - overall development of Volvo business planning including parts and service and pipeline management.
Education/Professional Qualifications required for the position:
- (Preferred) Technical knowledge of Volvo Construction Equipment
- (Preferred) Some college and/or technical degree with application toward the construction equipment industry and experience in maintaining customer satisfaction in both a high pace and technical environment
- Minimum 10 years experience in the Construction Equipment Industry. Preference shown for candidates who possess a minimum of a two-year college degree in technically relevant field. Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field desired
Additional Important Requirements:
- Work with others in a Team / Office and training facility environment
- Travel Required including overseas as needed
- Able to perform duties effectively in a fast paced environment whether working autonomously or under direction
The District Customer Support Manager is a resource to the District Directors and the District Business Manager in working with the product support area in the development of the dealer’s Volvo parts and service business, and coordinating resolution of related issues. The day-to-day technical and warranty issues are handled by product Technical Support Specialists in Asheville and the Field Technical Support Specialists.
Volvo Group North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Volvo Group - 11 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Drivers looking for the iconic boxy station wagon beware; these Volvos don't haul families. Volvo Construction Equipment North America...