Alcoa Howmet, Dover castings operations is a world-class supplier of complex, investment cast turbine airfoils for the aircraft engine and industrial gas turbine industries. Dover Casting also offers "non-traditional castings," components normally fabricated from many parts, which are available as single castings with all internal passages and holes cast in. The facility has been located in Dover, New Jersey, since 1949.
Reporting to the Plant Manager, the Technical Services Manager/Chief Metallurgist:
- Provides leadership in defining, assigning, reviewing, approving and, in some cases, conducting technical projects and task forces with and for Howmet manufacturing operations.
- Establishes and maintains appropriate documentation of procedures.
- Manages special processes operator training and certification, equipment maintenance, purchase of equipment and supplies, both internal and external audits, and special process customer certifications.
- Coordinates analysis and procedures according to applicable government regulations, manufacturing processes, or other considerations, and approves modification of formulas, standards, specifications, and processes.
- Develops, trains, and motivates employees for maximum efficiency, productivity and morale; maintains a safe working environment and insures compliance with safety policies and procedures.
- Determines manpower requirements, schedules overtime, insures that required materials are ordered and inventoried and provides for equipment maintenance.
- Administers performance appraisal and salary administration systems for department employees.
- Drives continuous improvement in all aspects of special process operations.
- Consults with technical personnel to solve special process problems, evaluating new materials, adequate tests, methods, etc. to control quality of production.
- Manages group to ensure that timely, cost-effective, technically-competent services are provided to Howmet management and operations regarding all special processes.
- Defines, assigns, reviews, approves and, in some cases, conducts technical projects and task forces with and for Howmet manufacturing operations; projects and task forces include but are not limited to process improvement, manufacturing problem-solving, and failure analysis.
- Provides technical support for all special process audits, both internal and external.
- Ensures all customer certifications and approvals concerning special processes are met.
- Motivates, develops and trains group employees; supervises work assignments.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Efficient analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong team player
While many of its aluminum products may be lightweight, Alcoa is anything but. The company is among the world's top producers of...