Job Posting |
Technical Specialist - Immunohistochemistry
***Relocation assistance is available.
Covance is looking for a Technical Specialist to join the Anatomic Pathology team in Madison, WI. This position will primarily focus on training and performing immunohistochemistry work and will serve as a technical expert for the operational group. Our ideal candidate will have a strong background in immunohistochemistry and electron microscopy.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Cross-trained in both necropsy and histology, and in multiple specialty areas (e.g. neurotoxicity, PCR collection, electron microscopy tissue preparation procedures, special stains, training, histopathology data/report review, or other specialty duties)
• Develops technical procedures in various areas in compliance with appropriate SOPs, GLPs, and regulatory agency guidelines
• Understands and interprets complex protocols
• Utilize computer software for forms and procedure generation
• Develop and implement training and train less experienced staff
• Monitor recently developed procedures and refines as needed
• Create metrics
• Identifies and take appropriate action with problems, potential problems with protocols, SOPs, and schedules
• Participate in scientific presentations
• Able to adapt techniques to new procedures or particular needs as directed
• Effectively schedules multiple assignments
• Report all animal care concerns and become involved in the resolution and appropriate corrective action, when necessary
• Performs other related duties as assigned
Bachelor’s Degree in Life Science with a minimum of three years direct experience; Experience may substitute for education
At least twelve months experience at the level equivalent to that of a Research Assistant II
6-10 years of related experience
Covance is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer (Minority/Female/Individual with Disability/Veteran). Your confidentiality and privacy are important to us.
Covance - 11 months ago
copy to clipboard
Covance Inc. is a drug development services company providing a range of early-stage and late-stage product development services on a...