Technical Specialists are the technical evangelists for a particular technology or practice area. The Technical Specialist II role will apply the necessary technical breadth to support our sales teams in the pursuit strategic opportunities. In addition, this role will define and develop advanced solution offerings that we take to market. The Technical Specialist II role manages and fosters relationships within Microsoft to position is our solutions and services as industry leading within their specific technology area.
- Solution Development
- Collaborate with Solution Managers, Microsoft product teams, architects, presales teams and customers to build compelling solutions in each of our market segments.
- Lead the definition and development of service offerings in your technical area of expertise.
- Stay apprised of developing technology and trends. Provide input in to the solutions roadmap.
- Maintain your level of technical expertise through continuous learning, product usage, participation in BETA and early adopter programs.
- Identify, apply for and manage participation in early adopter programs to help establish the organization as the first choice provider of advanced technology solutions.
- Incubate new technologies.
- Intellectual Property Development. Write whitepapers, positioning statements and other intellectual property which establishes you and the organization as an industry expert.
- Periodically review proposals for quality and consistency.
- Define and oversee execution of a sales education plan for your technology area.
- Help communicate to management any risks to business or target achievement on a monthly basis.
- Provide in-depth technical expertise on large-scale projects for enterprise-class clients. Serve as a subject matter expert for these technologies.
- Define and oversee the execution of a sales asset plan.
- Deliver a specified number of wins, case studies and references in your technology area.
- Manage pipeline and report on trends within your technology area.
- Collaborate with sales and marketing to define campaigns to increase revenue in your technology area.
- Deliver required sales revenue, gross profit and growth metrics in your respective technology or practice areas.
- Work with Marketing and Microsoft to develop and execute campaigns and programs. Develop the technical and sales content required for the campaign.
- Deliver customer presentations, webinars, seminars and other public speaking engagements in your technical area of expertise.
- Develop and leverage relationships with the product teams in each of the associated technology and practice areas. Extend these relationships to the technical teams.
- Evaluate partners to determine if they should be incorporated into the solutions roadmap.
- Build and foster our reputation as the partner of choice in your technology area.
The information in this position description is intended to convey information about the key responsibilities and requirements of the position. It is not an exhaustive list of the skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the opportunity. Responsibilities are subject to change.
- Reports to practice manager
Minimum Basic Requirements
- Bachelor degree in business, computer science, a related technical degree or equivalent.
- Solution Selling Experience: Proven success with enterprise customers, working knowledge of solution-selling strategies and tactics and business value selling.
- Account Management and Prioritization Excellence: Demonstrated strategic time management and multitasking skills. Effectively accelerates opportunity pipeline with predictable business results that exceed revenue targets.
- Able to handle many projects / customer engagements simultaneously.
- Able to identify and focus on priorities while appropriately setting expectations with customers, colleagues and manager.
- Communication excellence through written and oral communications. Strong customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Sales Teamwork: High degree of collaboration with multiple sales personnel, as well as Microsoft. Involve appropriate resources to ensure win and success of projects. Demonstrate judgment in the engagement of those resources.
- Demonstrated skills in collaboration with virtual teams, cross-functional groups and with complex problems to solve.
- Project oversight responsibilities, management and technical leadership and
- Engineer mentoring experience preferred
- Demonstrated intellectual property development. For example, whitepapers, template deliverables, solutions, case studies, etc.
- Seven to ten years of large - scale, enterprise - class planning, design, implementation and support experience
- Advanced level technical certifications or equivalent.
- At least five years of consulting experience.
- Internal: Works at CDW offices
CDW - 15 months ago
CDW is a leading provider of technology solutions to business, government, education and healthcare. A Fortune 500 company, CDW features...