We are currently seeking a Technical Support/Quality Assurance Representative based out of our facility in Bloomfield, MI – this position is immediately available
Provide technical support for customers, sales team and project managers, and also perform quality assurance testing as needed.
1. Provides technical support to internal and external customers.
a. Respond to phone calls, emails and web tickets.
b. Respond to “system alerts” within a defined period of time.
c. Troubleshoot and resolve customer issues.
d. As needed, escalate issues to team members.
2. Performs quality assurance testing and identifies bugs and usability issues.
3. Works with development team to troubleshoot customer issues and quality assurance issues.
4. Assists in product installation and setup.
5. Works with customers on product maintenance.
6. Assist in maintaining SmartMsg systems that are hosted in Codespear data centers; assist in maintaining SmartMsg dialing systems.
7. Participate in on-call technical support rotation.
8. Participate in customer system wellness checks/site visits.
9. Works with customers to identify possible application enhancements.
- Ability to work within a collaborative setting
- Exceptional customer service/communication skills for customer interaction
- Ability to work independently to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues
- Windows Operating System troubleshooting experience
- Networking and Internet knowledge: DNS; DHCP; TCP; Firewalls; SMTP
- SQL database set-up/maintenance
- InstallShield/MSI package creation
- Software Testing and quality assurance experience
- Experience with VoIP phone systems (Asterisk, Cisco Call Manager, Nortel, etc.)
- Experience with two-way radios
- Public Safety experience
- Network administration
- Server environment setup
Federal Signal Corporation - 20 months ago