This position can be based in Needham, Ma or Blaine, MN
The Technical Support Account Manager (TSAM) is a critical customer relationship management role within Technical Support at PTC. As the primary point of contact, the TSAM is expected to consistently provide excellent
customer service, as well as represent client needs and goals within the Technical Support organization. While ensuring high quality through the coordination of resources within R&D, Global Services, Sales and Technical
Support to drive the resolution of critical issues. Additionally, the TSAM will build a strong relationship with clients to encourage new and repeat business opportunities.
• Provides a single point of contact for a customer engagement with Technical Support on a proactive, long-term (years) basis.
• Establishes and maintains strong, trusted relationships with assigned customer accounts.
• Holds regular (weekly/bi-weekly/monthly) scheduled calls with assigned customer accounts to provide guidance and advice on forward-looking plans, as well as understand and provides a status current technical issues.
• Maintains an awareness of the customer’s unique implementations and project milestones, and provides that knowledge to other resources throughout PTC as needed.
• Educate and promote best practices for leveraging PTC Technical Support based on assigned customer’s unique experiences and challenges.
• Report to senior management in Technical Support to provide insight into the current state of the customer relationship with assigned accounts.
• Proven Account Management skills required in order to create, maintain and enhance customer relationships
• Extremely detail oriented
• Technical competence (understand software, hardware, networks, etc)
• Motivated, goal oriented, persistent and a skilled negotiator
• High level of initiative and work well in a team environment
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Handles stressful situations and deadline pressures well
• Plans and carries out responsibilities with minimal direction
• Bachelor degree or higher in an engineering, computer science, software or IT related discipline
• Experience in IT-Operations and/or IT-Project management of Enterprise software implementations (PTC software implementations a plus)
• Experience with PTC Applications (like Windchill® or Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire®) and/or in the usage of other PDM/PLM and CAD Systems
• Approximately 3 weeks per year
• Bachelors Degree; 4 years of professional experience in one of the following areas:
o Technical Support services delivery
o Technical Sales Support
• Including a minimum 1 year of experience in Customer Relationship or Account Management.
PTC - The Product Development Company - 14 months ago
PTC (Nasdaq: PMTC) enables manufacturers to achieve maximum value from their product strategies with software and services designed to...