The Account Management track in Technical Support conditions the customer experience through delivery of services targeted at the development of long-term, trusted relationships between the Customer and Technical Support.
Service areas may include:
Account Specialists are assigned accounts with normal/typical strategic priority, and drive Customer Success for those accounts through tracking and reporting status of issues for, and coordinating cross-functional resources to drive expedited resolutions of critical issues and crisis situations.
- Proactive monitoring of a customer’s activities with Technical Support
- Reactively coordinating resources to drive expedited resolutions of critical issues and crisis situations
- Initiate Technical Support services to secure their account’s PLM strategy
- Connect assigned accounts with key stakeholders within PTC
- Report on the overall value of Premium Services to their account to support contracts renewal
Employees at this level are developing the critical competencies valuable to their job and function. Employees develop all of the critical competencies before progressing to the next level.
- Provides a single point-of-contact for Customer engagement with Technical Support on a proactive, long-term (years) basis, and/or on a reactive, short-term (days/weeks) basis.
- Establishes a working relationship with assigned customer accounts.
- Develop and maintain a prioritized Issue List and Action Plan to drive resolution to critical issues.
- Hold scheduled conference calls with assigned customer accounts to understand the business impacts of key issues, provide guidance and advice, and report back on the current status of issues.
- Coordinate resources throughout PTC to address the Action Plan for assigned accounts.
- Educate and promote best practices for leveraging PTC Technical Support with customers.
- Report to management to provide insight into the state of the customer relationship with assigned accounts.
- Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with a variety of internal and external roles, from technical contributors to senior management
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong negotiation and objection handling skills
- Ability to effectively manage crisis situations
- Ability to manage customer expectations clearly, concisely, and in summary format
- Ability to effectively manage a list of issues from inception to resolution
- Understanding of cross-functional relationships and processes critical to driving issue resolution
- Ability to understand, articulate, and summarize technical concepts involving CAD, PDM, and PLM
Ideal candidates will have at least 1 year of experience in Customer Service and/or Technical Support Service Delivery, with a focus on software or manufacturing technologies.
- Approximately 6 weeks per year.
- Bachelor's degree
- 2 years of experience in Technical Customer Service/Support Delivery, Technical Sales Support, Project Management, and/or Customer Relationship/Account Management
PTC - The Product Development Company - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
PTC (Nasdaq: PMTC) enables manufacturers to achieve maximum value from their product strategies with software and services designed to...