In this exciting role, you will be part of the Premium Services global organization with an emphasis on collaboration and customer focus. You will be responsible for interacting with a subset of PTC’s largest most strategic customers that require the highest level of service PTC offers.
Technical Support Engineers in PTC’s Premium Services group are experts in one or more line of products while staying focused on providing a high touch customer experience. You will assume a combination of responsibilities working with our customers and the greater PTC Team to resolve software issues.
• Work with System Administrators, Field Consultants, Developers, and Engineers at customer sites to diagnose reported software issues related to deployment, customization or operation of the integration of CAD products with PTC’s Enterprise Product Life-Cycle Management System.
• Create and publish solution knowledge for re-use by customers and PTC employees.
• Opportunities to train, mentor, and participate in continual training and personal improvement will arise as the candidate develops their skills. Candidate must be willing to take on new challenges.
• Take a leadership role in internal and external Projects around supporting our customer’s success.
Requirements – Non Technical
• A strong capacity and desire to develop customer service and communication skills. The candidate will be expected to understand a customer needs, put themselves in the customer’s shoes, and guide the customer’s expectations. We ask our engineers to be the voice of the customer back to the company.
• The ability to manage multiple urgent issues in parallel.
• The confidence, communication and interpersonal skills to lead customers in urgent or critical situations.
• The desire to learn new soft and technology skills and the desire to coach, mentor and train peers throughout the organization.
• The ability to work with team mates to achieve a mission.
• Presentation skills to prepare and present to large and small groups on technical and functional topics.
• Leadership skills to drive technical and service initiatives.
• The ability to present to senior management and executives
• Experience in Java, SQL, and other modern programming languages.
• Experience or Exposure to installing, configuring and administering Web-based applications, Relational Databases, Open-Source Projects (such as Apache Web-Server, Apache Tomcat, OpenDS), and CAD Applications.
• Able to produce audience-appropriate technical communications with executives, support personnel, and the customer.
• Can quickly adapt to new web technologies along with advancements such as OS and mobile computing
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or Engineering
• 1 year experience using Java or experience using another Object Oriented Language
• 1 year of Database experience in Oracle or SQL Server
• 1 year experience using Unix and/or NT operating systems
• 1 year experience using a CAD product (i.e. Pro-E, AutoCAD, or Solidworks)
• Experience in implementation, support, consulting or development in enterprise business applications on Java and other web related technologies.
Exceptional diagnostic ability and skilled in using industry standard tools and techniques monitoring, tuning and/or changing complex applications to optimize the product to perform to customer expectations
• Extensive experience with aspects of enterprise application suites (networks, database configuration, server configuration, Web Server optimization, load balancing hardware, and CAD Interaction).
• The ability to analyze details and synthesize the "big picture" from incomplete or ambiguous data.
• Ability to influence and gain cooperative relationships with wide range of audiences ranging from executives to technical specialists.
• Able to develop a coherent plan of action that meets everyone’s needs to resolve a given situation as quickly as possible.
• Able to revise actions planes as new data is obtained.
• Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Information Systems, Electrical Engineering or similar fields.
PTC - The Product Development Company - 10 months ago
PTC (Nasdaq: PMTC) enables manufacturers to achieve maximum value from their product strategies with software and services designed to...