Plum Creek is one of the largest landowners in the United States, with 6.5 million acres and offices in 19 states. We are a publicly traded company (NYSE: PCL), listed on the S&P 500 and headquartered in Seattle, Washington. We currently have an opening for a Technical Support Analyst - Manufacturing in our Columbia Falls, Montana office. Our 75 person IT team, headquartered in Montana, is driven and passionate about their desire to deploy technology and initiatives which help our businesses achieve Plum Creek's goals nationwide.
About Columbia Falls and NW Montana
Columbia Falls is located at the northern edge of Montana's scenic Flathead Valley, which is a year-round outdoor paradise with easy access to world-class hiking, rafting, biking, backpacking, skiing/snowboarding, flyfishing and sightseeing. Columbia Falls and the surrounding cities of Kalispell, Whitefish and Bigfork offer an excellent quality of life, close-knit communities, as well as a wide array of shopping, restaurants and activities for all ages. The area is known worldwide as the gateway to Glacier National Park, one of the crown jewels of the Rockies and home to some of the most beautiful mountains and lakes in America.
As a member of the Manufacturing Systems team, you will be primarily focused on supporting our Medium Density Fiberboard (MDF) manufacturing business, but will also gain insight to our other Manufacturing, Timber, Corporate and Land business segments. As a member of the overall Plum Creek IT team, you will work in a collaborative, customer focused, dynamic and fast paced learning environment with an emphasis on continuous quality improvements to our processes. As Technical Support Analyst - Manufacturing , you will partner closely with your team members and external resources to deliver and support technology solutions primarily for the MDF manufacturing business. Your responsibilities will include developing your knowledge of Plum Creek business processes, and the information systems that support those processes. You will be continually challenged to broaden and deepen your knowledge and skills as new technologies are implemented.
In this position, your primary responsibility will be to serve as the main IT team member in support of the technology assets that support the MDF operations including process network infrastructure, software applications, workstations, servers and peripherals. You will partner closely with MDF Industrial Controls Electricians, Supervisors, Programmers/Analysts, and Plant Accountant and other Plum Creek IT team members, to continually support the ongoing needs of the MDF business. To build solid working relationships with your MDF customer, this position will have an office at the MDF manufacturing facility, therefore you must have the aptitude and ability to work safely in an industrial production environment.
As the Technical Support Analyst , you will:
- Provide support for a wide range of software, hardware and network infrastructure.
- Provide on-call support to be responsive to the needs of the business.
- Analyze technology requirements and technology replacements.
- Assist in the planning for scheduling those replacements and recommend alternatives.
- Plan and manage technology projects from inception to completion.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field is strongly preferred.
- Two or more years of experience in information technology required.
- One or more years of hands-on experience with current Microsoft operating systems technologies, troubleshooting hardware/software issues, network cabling, and computer maintenance required.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Experience with virtualization technologies preferred.
Employee Benefits ("Total Rewards")
- Willingness to work outside of regular business hours when needed.
- Ability to execute tasks with minimal supervision.
- Ability to effectively support a diverse array of technology: Ethernet network infrastructure; Servers and workstations on various platforms, including virtual machines; Machine control fieldbus networks (preferred); Rockwell Automation software products (preferred); Zebra printers (preferred).
- Ability to ensure management has visibility into project status, personal workload, successes and challenges.
- Ability to build productive working relationships with customers.
- Ability to listen and respond to customer needs.
- Ability to collaborate with team members to continually evaluate and improve upon current procedures and systems.
- Ability to sort through the pieces of basic problems and separate key issues allowing for focus on the important tasks.
Plum Creek wants to attract and keep the best people -- the team who drives our business success. That is why we offer superior performers opportunities for compensation that is in the top 25% for our marketplace. Your benefits package from Plum Creek consists of a comprehensive range of benefits including Healthcare coverage, Health and Dependent Daycare Funds, Life and Disability protection, Saving and Retirement benefits, Paid Time Off, and more.
Salary: $47,900 to $63,400 plus 5% bonus potential.
For more information about Plum Creek, please visit our web site at: www.plumcreek.com
Plum Creek is an equal opportunity employer. This position is not open to agencies or 3rd party recruiters. We are unable to provide Visa sponsorship at this time.
Plum Creek - 10 months ago
Plum Creek is one of the largest private landowners in the United States, with 6.7 million acres and over 40 offices from coast-to-coast. We...