SUMMARY: The role of the EHR Implementation Specialist is to be responsible for implementation, configuration, training, and re-engineering of practice operations to support the successful adoption of an electronic practice management and electronic medical records software. The EHR Implementation Specialist, in partnership with team members and in line with the project plan, will interact directly with the physicians and physicians' office staff to design, configure, test, train, implement and support the use of the EHR software.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Participate as a key member of the core implementation team charged with successfully implementing and supporting an EHR system by becoming a Next Gen Certified Professional and subject matter expert in the functionality of the electronic practice management and electronic medical records software.
2. Serve as main point of contact and application subject matter expert for the physician offices during the implementation process; on site go-live support and post implementation phase, including optimization.
3. Analyze and document the requirements of a physician's office and clinical workflow as they pertain to the implementation of electronic practice management and electronic medical records software.
4. Prepare recommendations and/or alternatives that address existing and potential areas of improvements in physician offices operations.
5. Redesign existing workflows to leverage the NextGen application and document, review and train future state workflows.
6. Design and configure the electronic practice management and electronic medical records software in the most efficient manner to support the physicians' office requirements and future state workflows.
7. Create, utilize and implement customized training curriculum to train and instruct the physician's office staff on the use the features of the electronic practice management and electronic medical records software effectively.
8. Document implementation decisions and configuration approach
9. Directly and remotely support the physicians and physician office staff in the use of the software.
10. Participate in the planning, design, development and deployment of new application modules and enhancements to existing applications.
11. Perform in-depth tests, including unit and integrated testing.
12. Utilize the call tracking software provided to adequately document issues.
13. Correctly status and prioritize issues.
14. Resolve issues directly and remotely utilizing training and provided documentation.
15. Follow established escalation and notification procedures.
16. Provide regular status updates to Project Manager for all assigned tasks
1. Demonstrate proven ability to quickly grasp new technology. Must be able to learn the functionality of our products and services in a short time frame.
2. Must possess strong business and technical writing abilities.
3. Must possess strong analytical and problem solving skills, with demonstrated change management experience.
4. Must possess effective communication skills, especially verbal communication phone skills, with the ability to interact with various levels of personnel.
5. Must be able to plan, create and implement customized training programs targeted to physician offices.
6. Demonstrate ability to "blindly" troubleshoot and provide client training over the phone, email or internet.
7. Must possess the ability to manage multiple tasks with minimal supervision, have exceptional attention to detail and perform consistent work product validation/QA.
8. Self-motivated, self-directed, team oriented, responsible, and reliable, with a positive attitude and a proactive style. Must posses the ability to operate in a highly variable work environment.
9. Must possess the ability to work independently, organize work effectively and take initiative in fast-paced work environment while managing multiple tasks and deliverables simultaneously.
10. Ability to shift priorities quickly.
11. Ability to quickly acquire and apply knowledge.
12. Good organizational skills and attention to detail.
13. Present a courteous and competent demeanor to our clients and teammates.
14. Extremely proficient in PC based software programs including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Projects and Visio.
15. Experience with issue resolution and/or issue tracking software preferred. Familiarity with the healthcare administration industry is required.
16. Prior experience with implementing, configuring and supporting software applications highly preferred.
17. 50% local travel is required, must have and maintain reliable transportation along with current and valid auto insurance and California Drivers' License.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: This job typically requires a four year degree in healthcare administration, information systems or a related field. Equivalent education and experience combined may be accepted. Minimum 2 years experience within a healthcare environment. Prior experience with NextGen EHR a plus.
OptumHealth is part of the family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group one of the leaders across most major segments of the US health care system.
OptumHealth helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their health care needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
At OptumHealth, you will perform within an innovative culture that's focused on transformational change in the health care system. You will leverage your skills across a diverse and multi-faceted business. And you will make contributions that will have an impact that's greater than you've ever imagined.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. In addition, employees in certain positions are subject to random drug testing. Skills / Requirements
Monarch HealthCare - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard -