Kronos is the global leader in workforce management solutions that enable organizations to control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity. Tens of thousands of organizations in 100 countries – including more than half the Fortune 1000® - use Kronos time and attendance, scheduling, absence management, HR and payroll, hiring, and labor analytics applications. Kronos customers include enterprises large and small across diverse industries worldwide including retail, hospitality, healthcare, manufacturing, public sector, services, and distribution.
Kronos is a privately held company and was founded in 1977. Headquartered in Chelmsford, Massachusetts, Kronos employs more than 3,500 people worldwide.
Kronos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Technical Support Engineer is expected to deliver high quality, comprehensive technical support on Kronos Workforce Central Suite of products to a variety of end users.
Infrastructure and Technology team members are expected to engage in complex application and technical challenges via case work, one-on-one mentoring sessions, and direct customer interaction.
As a member of the Infrastructure and Technology team he or she is expected to have expertise in at least one of the following areas: advanced application knowledge, DBA skills or advanced technology/infrastructure knowledge including knowledge of JBOSS, Microsoft Reporting Services, SSO, and security and authentication methodologies. He or she is expected to utilize outstanding customer service skills and techniques that promote customer satisfaction and retention.
- Other responsibilities will include the following customer/site related tasks:
- Provide expertise as the internal escalation point for support for infrastructure and technology issues related to the deployment of the Kronos application.
- Trouble shoot, analyze and solve complex customer issues
- Understand and configure software interfacing products
- Effectively communicate product issues to the customer & Kronos engineering enabling timely solution while maintaining customer satisfaction.
- Maintain the highest possible level of expertise in database products and other technologies associated with the Kronos environment.
- Advanced working knowledge of PC's, operating systems, web technologies, communications protocols, and a demonstrated ability to troubleshoot complex technical problems on multiple platforms.
- Experience supporting or using Kronos products, in Windows and /or UNIX environments.
- Database experience with MS SQL and Oracle platforms, and the ability to configure database servers to support Kronos installations, including creating required table spaces, security, and performance tuning parameters.
- Previous SQL scripting, system administration, and network administration experience a plus.
- Communication and Interpersonal Skills:
Educational and Professional Background:
- Ability to document complex technical cases and communicate requirements both verbally and in writing.
- Experience and demonstrated ability in conflict resolution and customer service techniques.
- Seek out opportunities to enhance skills on technical and application troubleshooting techniques.
- Participate in technical collaboration meetings.
- Analytic and Problem-Solving Skills
- Ability to prioritize time and resources, and determine specific needs to resolve problems at hand.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks independently and successfully with little or no direct supervision.
- Provide technical expertise to conduct specific performance or functional tests associated with resolving performance issues regarding Kronos applications.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related field with 3-5 years experience in application customer support, including support of Kronos products. This position provides a competitive salary and benefits.
Kronos Incorporated - 18 months ago
Kronos knows time is money for its customers. The company makes and implements workforce management software particularly for organizations...