*This position can be based in Needham, MA, Blaine, MN or Ann Arbor, MI*
Do you want to work for a dynamic software company with cutting edge technologies?
PTC creates the BEST applications in our market space (CAD & PLM). Many of the biggest companies in the world use our software to create their & manage their products. Here are some examples of companies you will be working with on a daily basis: NASA, Boeing, Honeywell, GE, Toyota, Volkswagen, Hyundai, Motorola, Toshiba, Dell, Samsung, John Deere, Caterpillar, Whirlpool, Boston Scientific and Medtronic to name a few. We need people who enjoy working with cutting edge technology, open-source projects, can adapt to incoming advances in web technology and user experiences. This is a challenging position, but highly rewarding with many opportunities for growth.
- Are you a problem solver who loves the satisfaction of resolving complex technical issues?
- Do you enjoy helping people?
- Enjoy working on with close-knit team of analysts and having fun while solving interesting problems?
- Do you want a place where all these things can be a long-term, fulfilling career?
- At PTC Technical Support, we have a unique and challenging role available within one of the largest software companies in the world.
The Everyday View:
We are a global team of software experts sharply focused on helping our customers be successful with PTC’s best-in-class software solutions. We work with smart people – system admins, engineers and consultants who are setting up, maintaining or customizing our products. You will be constantly learning in this job. Be it software skills like Java & SQL, networking skills like setting up replicated servers and web apps or how to become a better listener and communicator; you WILL be moving forward. If you’re not moving forward…..you’re not here.
Our Support Engineers:
Other things you might do:
- Analyze and clarify customer queries though troubleshooting and researching existing knowledgebase articles
- Work in tight partnership with their regional teams and R&D to solve problems
- Document discussions, findings, and resolutions in our ticketing systems and professional knowledgebase
- Write knowledgebase topics to help customers and other support engineers
- Identify recurring bugs in software and documented it accordingly
- Analyze product documentation and identify unclear topics based on support tickets received
The person we are looking for has:
- Train and coach new staff members
- Take a leadership role in projects or initiatives (like a new product release)
- Review technical articles and create knowledgebase deep-dives on interesting topics
- Work with R&D to influence future product design
And these technical abilities:
- Natural problem solving skills
- A technical aptitude and hunger to learn
- A desire to understand our customer’s needs and can put themselves in the customer’s shoes
- Superior writing skills and communicates great over the phone
- Strong organizing and time management skills
- A commitment to being a team player
Key success factors
- Understands how operating systems work
- Exposure or experience with Java, SQL, and other modern programming languages
- Experience or exposure installing, configuring and administering Web-based applications, databases & open-source Projects (such as Apache Web-Server, Apache Tomcat, OpenDS)
Our most successful people have many of these attributes:
- Proven ability to manage customer expectations
- Ability to multi-task, effectively “switch gears”, and manage multiple issues, actions, and time-critical tasks
- A drive to achieve new and great things and are vested in the success of our customers
- Are strong trainers and coaches
- Have a passion for learning & exploring exciting new technologies
- Exceptional diagnostic ability and are skilled in learning and using industry standard tools and techniques
- Practical experience with all aspects of enterprise application suites (networks, database configuration, server configuration, web server optimization, load balancing hardware, SQL tuning, etc.)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or Engineering
- 1 year experience using Java; or 1 year experience using another Object Oriented Language
- 1 year Database experience in Oracle or SQL Server
- 1 year experience using Unix and or NT operating systems