Amazon.com has built a reputation for excellence with most recent examples being named #5 most admired company in the US, #2 most innovative, and # 1 in Customer Service. Amazon’s technology business is carrying on that tradition while leading the world in Cloud technologies. With Amazon Web Services (AWS) you have the chance to help individuals and businesses take their computing infrastructures and applications into “the Cloud”. As a member of the AWS Support team, you will be at the forefront of this transformational technology with interactions with leading companies in this space and engineers within Amazon developing the capability. You will be surrounded by people that are wickedly smart, passionate about cloud computing, and believe that world class support is critical to customer success. AWS Support provides technical support to a global list of customers that are building mission-critical applications on top of AWS services.
We are seeking people with strong technical skills. Experience as a Systems Administrator working with Linux, Unix or Windows? Do you know the advantages of working in a highly distributed virtual environment? Since we’re working in the Cloud, you will need to be very comfortable with networking technologies including DNS, TCP/IP, SSL, DHCP and Load Balancing. If you fit the description, you might be the person we are looking for!
Every day will bring new and exciting challenges on the job while you:
- Learn and use groundbreaking technologies
- Apply advanced troubleshooting techniques to provide unique solutions to our customers' individual needs
- Interact with leading technologists around the world
- Work directly with Amazon Web Service architects to help reproduce and resolve customer issues
- Leverage your extensive customer support experience to provide feedback to internal AWS teams on how to improve our services
- Drive customer communication during critical events
- Must have demonstrated proficiency in these areas:
o Systems administration (Linux and/or Windows Servers)
o Networking (DNS, TCP/IP)
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Science / Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or a related field.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong customer focus
- Strong multi-tasking skills
- Self-starter who is excited about technology
- Open to working shifts (7am-3pm, or 3pm-11pm, Su-Th or Tu-Sa)
- Experience working with customers
- Experience analyzing, troubleshooting, and providing solutions for technical issues
- Expertise with IPsec, VPN, Load Balancing, Iperf, MTR, Routing Protocols, SSH, Network Monitoring / Troubleshooting tools
- Some programming / scripting experience (Java, Perl, Ruby, C#, and/or PHP)
- Experience managing full application stacks from the OS up through custom applications
Amazon.com - 10 months ago
Amazon.com is an American international multibillion dollar electronic commerce company with headquarters in Seattle, Washington, United...