Posting Title |
Technical Support Engineer – IT/Cloud Operations Management - Hyperic
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 500,000 enterprise and mid-market customers to thrive in the Cloud Era by simplifying, automating and transforming the way they build, deliver and consume IT. We empower our customers by radically simplifying IT through virtualization software with a focus on three core missions: End-User Computing (EUC), Hybrid Cloud and Software-Defined Data Center (SDDC). Join our community – instigators of innovation and transformers of technology – as we envision and create what’s next in IT. Get connected to an engine of opportunity fueled by the transformative products and solutions we bring to market, the passion and trust we inspire in our customers, and our collaborative drive to imagine, define and deliver the future of IT. With 13,000+ employees and 50+ locations worldwide, we are passionately driven to make an impact while contributing back to the community. Ranked on the Forbes 100 Most Innovative Companies in the World list. Learn more at vmware.com/careers today!
Why Work for Our Division
The VMware Global Support Services (GSS) team supports over 250,000 companies running VMware in over 100 different countries. GSS provides time-zone optimized coverage throughout five support centers globally. The GSS team supports the entire suite of VMware products for global customers and partners and participates in developing new products and new versions of current products. GSS team members also participate in product delivery strategy, product documentation, discussion forums with customers, and expert documents publishing. A commitment to excellence and customer advocacy pervades the GSS team, and the work environment fosters intellectual stimulation through exchanges with internal and external customers. The VMware GSS team members are the “best of the best” supporting business-critical applications in a virtual infrastructure.
This position is responsible for resolving customer issues and end-to-end management of customer interactions. As part of the IT/Cloud Operations Management Team, a TSE may often work directly with beta testing clients, pre-sales, or Proof of Concept clients as secondary support to Systems Engineers during these periods. Other responsibilities include knowledge creation, TOI and support training content, as well as special projects related to the continued planning of the future support model for the software products. Ability to adapt to a dynamic and changing support environment, contributing inventive ideas and creative thinking to aid the development of your support product and team, as well as be an agent of change and positive influence, toward building the GSS related foundation for supported software products through their lifecycle.
- Provide level 1 through level 3 technical assistance in analyzing, diagnosing, replicating and troubleshooting customers reported issues with the vFabric Hyperic technologies
- Work on escalated issues with the VMware Engineering and Product Management teams
- Create reproducible test cases, when necessary, for customer reported issues
- Report and submit product defects in the bug tracking system
- Create new knowledgebase articles and keep them up-to-date
- Provide weekend support on a rotation basis
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field of studies
- At least 1 year of experience in technical customer support
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting, and problem solving skills
- Experienced with Windows and Unix/Linux OS platforms
- Databases, preferably MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle and/or Postgres
- Experience with Web/Application Servers or servlet containers such as Weblogic, Apache Tomcat, IIS, WebSphere etc.
- Ability to read and understand logs and configuration files
- Support, QA, training or field experience with enterprise software, preferably monitoring and/or performance suites, or DevOps experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, experience creating documentation, procedures, and knowledge base entries
- Ability to read and understand code, preferably Java and/or C++ an advantage.
Broomfield, CO, US
Is this a remote or multiple location position?
VMware is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees in personnel actions, which include: recruiting and hiring, selection for training, promotion, rates of pay or other compensation, transfer, discipline, demotion, layoff or termination. VMware does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, family medical history or genetic information, citizenship, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, military status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. VMware also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law. Further, it is the policy of VMware to maintain a working environment free of all forms of harassment.
Note To Applicant: Please disable your pop-up blocker prior to clicking “Apply”
VMware - 15 months ago
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable businesses to thrive in the Cloud Era. A pioneer in...