The Tier 3 - Technical Support Engineer is responsible for resolving all escalated product installation and product operational issues for Sonos clientele via the Tier 2 team or Sonos management. Work closely with all internal Sonos organizations including PD, QA, and PM. Provides responsive and competent support to customers in areas of product features, installation, use, and usability for Sonos software/hardware product (s). Provides escalation technical support for general hardware, software, application, and operating system issues as well as all associated systems and tools required to manage the escalation flow.
Provide 3rd Tier direct Technical Support.
o Incident Management of escalated issues from the Tier 2 Tech Support team.
- Responsibilities include:
o Lab root-cause activities
o Feedback loop into PM/PD
o SW/HW release management
o Technical content
o Partner support
- Responds directly to support all escalated issues and owns the issue until closure.
- Respond to requests from Tier 2 (or directly from customer after escalation) from customers to identify, determine, recreate, resolve or escalate issues using existing guidelines and standardized tools.
- Utilize all proper tools and systems to document and catalogue time spent on escalation.
- Ensure customer satisfaction through end-to-end management of each service request by maintaining service status, periodic review of calls with reference to escalation timeframe and timely closure. Ensure follow-up with the customer until issue is resolved.
- Maintain technical expertise and knowledge about new versions and products.
More about Sonos:
- The ideal candidate is a decisive, action oriented individual who takes ownership of open issues and who has the ability to interface successfully with internal and external customers and management.
- 10+ years experience in Technical Support escalation role, including help desk, customer call center environment, or field support; previous experience in a hi-tech environment, ideally B2C and B2B businesses.
- Ability to troubleshoot problems, research and root cause technical issues.
- Demonstrate the ability to work with PD/QA organizations at a very detailed level.
- Experience working with cross departmental teams (Development, Marketing, QA, Customer Support) with insight and input into entire product development and delivery lifecycle process.
- Will also have an affinity and passion for new technology, wireless digital consumer products, all things electronic, digital audio.
- Must be a team player who also works well independently.
- Must have ability to assess and provide proactive advice or solutions.
- Must have excellent communication skills.
In 2002, we set out with a goal – to reinvent home audio for the digital age. Our vision was simple - fill every home with music and make listening a valued experience again. We’re making it easy for everybody to listen to the music they love in every room of their home. To hear the songs they love, to discover new music they never knew existed, and to appreciate it all with the highest sound quality.
We’re doing it all over the world – In more than 60 countries, in seven languages through thousands of retailers. We’re constantly looking for ways to improve the experience – with new products, new software and continually investing in ways to provide our customers the best experience possible. We’re doing what we set out to do. Changing the way people listen to music – one home at a time.
Index Ventures - 2 years ago
Sonos is the developer of wireless multi-room music systems for the digital home. The award-winning Sonos(TM) Digital Music System is...