Technical Support Engineer II – FCS 2nd Shift
Take your career to the next step; apply your expertise in Manufacturing Management to help in protecting our Nation and our Warfighters.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The FCS Equipment Engineering group in Andover, Massachusetts is responsible for the repair and maintenance of approximately 300 pieces of semiconductor wafer processing equipment.
Our team is involved in Capital equipment planning and installation.
The equipment engineering team provides engineering and maintenance support for the IDS manufacturing operations. Our team provides technical support in the areas of electro-mechanical, high vacuum, pneumatics, and hydraulics.
Ours is a dynamic environment with multiple priorities.
Candidate will work second shift with minimal supervision to support equipment engineering repair maintenance in the Plymouth manufacturing fabrication area.
Will support our safety initiative by working safely every day and support efforts to maintain and injury free workplace.
Work with represented technicians to troubleshoot system faults on all equipment in the manufacturing areas.
Troubleshoot and repair a variety of Photolithography, Metal Deposition, Etch, Backside and Inspection semiconductor wafer processing equipment.
Maintain equipment records for equipment cost of ownership, PM performance, equipment repair and spare parts inventory.
Basic Qualifications and Required Education:
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering or related technical discipline or
equivalent combination of related experience and education
- Minimum of 2 years experience working in the semiconductor equipment engineering field or similar environment
- Experience troubleshooting equipment/tools such as plasma etchers, resist coaters, sputter deposition systems, metal evaporators, wet benches, solvent and acid cleaning tools, contact aligners and wafer inspection tools
- Experience documenting technical equipment specifications and preventive maintenance procedures
- Ability to read schematics
- Experience establishing and maintaining safe working behaviors around high voltage, hazardous gases and production chemicals
- Project management experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of Six Sigma Principles
- Ability to obtain a secret clearance
- Prior Leadership skills
- Ability to interface with all levels of management and union personnel
- Team Player
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment
KEY WORDS: plasma etchers, resist coaters, sputter deposition systems, metal evaporators, wet benches, solvent and acid cleaning tools, contact aligners, wafer, Semiconductor, Photolithography, electro-mechanical, high vacuum, pneumatics, hydraulics
These job responsibilities are to be executed in harmony with Raytheon's Code of Business Ethics and Conduct policy which sets the standard by which we operate and how we treat others.
Business Unit Profile
Headquartered in Tewksbury, Mass., Integrated Defense Systems (IDS) has locations in Washington, California, Utah, New Mexico, Virginia, Texas, Maryland, Rhode Island, Alabama, Australia, Germany, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates. Its broad portfolio of weapons, sensors and integration systems supports its customer base across multiple mission areas including air and missile defense systems, missile defense radars, early warning radars, naval ship operating systems, robotics and other advanced technologies. With a global workforce of almost 14,000 employees and 2011 sales of $5 billion, IDS provides affordable, integrated solutions to a broad international and domestic customer base, including the U.S. Missile Defense Agency, the U.S. Armed Forces and the Department of Homeland Security.
Raytheon - 22 months ago
Raytheon ("light of the gods") took a shine to its place in the upper pantheon of US military contractors; the company regularly...