Technical Support Rep, Sr. (IBM Power System i /iSeries or AS400) needed for the Monett, MO or Springfield, MO location. Under minimal supervision, provides product support to customers via the telephone and/or internet. Using product knowledge, provides the highest level of service to resolve the customer's issue and restore the customer to fully functioning status, while strengthening the customer-JHA relationship.
- Accurately assesses the customer's product issue or problem. Asks the user well thought out or detailed questions and carefully listens to the user's response to fully comprehend the need, product issue, and best avenue for resolving the problem.
- Researches customer problems/issues to increase personal knowledge and familiarity with the supported product and to provide the highest level of support possible. Keeps current on most recent changes and/or upgrades.
- Identifies and resolves application and service issues and any other questions that may arise.
- Provides appropriate personnel a precise understanding of user's issues when the problem needs to be escalated to a higher level.
- Monitors incoming cases and emails and resolves in accordance with Service Level Standard (SLS) guidelines. Uses available support tools to assist the customer and/or recreate the issue.
- Participates in training programs to continuously improve product knowledge and service skills.
- Primary contact within support team for daily questions and issues. May serve as first tier of response for escalated cases.
- May provide assistance in the areas of training (trend reporting, internal documentation, cross training, etc.), staff meetings and periodic written documentation for customers.
- Works on special projects or research, as needed.
- May manage hardware capacity and performance and assess hardware needs.
- May assist less experienced peers.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Six to nine years of experience operations/ administraion experience on the IBM Power System i, aka...iSeries or AS400.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- Has a wide range of experience and able to resolve complex issues. Works on complex and diverse projects. Analysis requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Exercises good judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining solutions.
- Excellent knowledge of the financial industry as it relates to banks and credit unions.
- Excellent knowledge of product(s) supported and strong knowledge of other core and complimentary products. Able to serve as Subject Matter Expert (SME) on product functionality.
- Able to use support tools to identify or recreate customer issues.
- Able to identify and resolve application and service issues.
- Able to provide outstanding customer service as set forth by corporate policies and standards.
- Demonstrates excellent communication and customer interaction skills in accordance with SLS policies and guidelines.
COMPANY CONFORMANCE STATEMENT
- Typical office setting is generally favorable, with environmentally controlled conditions.
- Able to work holidays, weekends or extended hours as business needs dictate.
- May require occasional overnight or extended travel.
- May require the ability to work remotely.
In performance of their respective responsibilities, all employees of Jack Henry and Associates are expected to:
- Complete quality work within deadlines.
- Interact professionally with other employees, customers and suppliers.
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Communicate and coordinate work efforts with other employees, customers and suppliers.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Attend work regularly based on the assigned schedule.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Jack Henry & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Jack Henry - 18 months ago
Jack Henry & Associates (JHA) provides integrated in-house and outsourced software systems for data processing to some 12,000 banks,...