Talyst is currently recruiting for a Technical Support Representative – Tier 2. This position will be focused on providing innovative and reliable solutions that help pharmacies
run more intelligently. The Technical Support Engineer II will provide technical support to all Talyst customers, Talyst field technicians, and installers. This is a Full Time position where your shift will vary and a possibility for working remotely.
- Provide a high level of support to customers and existing team members.
- Act as the Subject Matter Expert for Talyst products
- Delegate support incidents to team members as needed
- Resolve complex problems on Talyst’ AutoPack, AutoLabel, AutoPharm, and AutoCarousel product lines.
- Work in a disciplined manner and clearly communicate solutions and workarounds to customers.
- Analyze recreate, and resolve customer-reported problems in complex software and hardware solutions.
- Interface with customers, developers, business partners, project managers, testers, and other support organizations
- Write technical notes and perform analysis of data structures within MS SQL Server
- Contribute to service metrics and defect prevention activities
- Understand and abide by company corporate values at all times
- Work in compliance with all safety rules and regulations
- Follow Up with customers on open issues
- Document VPN customer’s server & workstation information
- Participate in the Escalation Call and/or Transition Call
- Protect the confidentiality of sensitive and/or proprietary company information
- Responsible for sending out correct part(s) to the customer’s site
- Perform other duties as assigned or directed.
BSCS, BSEE or other technical degree required; advanced degree preferred with
5+ years of technical support, 5+ years software technical support
• Knowledge of standard MS Office products required; basic knowledge of Access
and SQL preferred, and intermediate knowledge of MS Project preferred
• Basic knowledge of remote access tools (PC Anywhere, VNC, and RDC)
• Effective TCP/IP troubleshooting skills
• Effective troubleshooting techniques of hardware and software, and superior
interpersonal skills required
• Familiarity with barcode printing and scanning technology
• Perform with assistance, and has applied knowledge of: networking (TCP/IP),
VPN protocols and standard file system maintenance and management
• Understanding of HL7 preferred
• Self directed and result-oriented
• Works autonomously but also understands how to use team resources effectively
• Supports team members to increase overall effectiveness of the team
• Able to work under pressure of deadlines
• Able to provide accurate reports of testing and communicate findings
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
The job conditions for this position are in a standard office setting. Employees in this position use PC and phone on an on-going basis throughout the day. Limited corporate travel may be required to remote offices or other business meetings and events.
Talyst, Inc. - 15 months ago