Connect to GXS and Connect to the World!
With more than 2400 employees and operations in 20
different countries, GXS offers endless opportunities to
learn, grow and succeed with one of the nation’s
fastest-growing private companies. Bring us your talent,
energy and drive and become a star player on our winning
GXS is seeking a Technical Support Specialist. Technical
Support Specialist is an intermediate Level 2 technical
support position. TSS’s are responsible for providing
all of the functions and duties of the TSS 1 position,
as well as intermediate technical support for escalated
customer issues, answering complex questions on function
and usage of product via the telephone and/or electronic
format. These issues may reside in hosted and enterprise
Must possess moderately strong analysis &
troubleshooting skills, excellent communication skills
are required, both written and verbal. Expertise within
the product offering and the environments they operate.
They must possess and display an understanding of
application functionality, relational database
architecture, operating systems, and communication
protocols. The employee is expected to provide after
hour support based on an on call rotation schedule and
is expected to carry a company provided.
case service levels, effectively troubleshooting
- Provides 2nd level technical support responding to
software issues, providing issue resolution, and
customer notification. Recreates customer issues &
escalates to appropriate level.
and technology training programs.
- Actively participates in self improvement, process,
troubleshooting methodologies, application
- Continually strives to expand comprehension of
functionality, N-tier architecture, relational
database architecture, and operating systems, as
a team environment, to deliver quality,
- Work cross-functionally within the organization, in
satisfaction, and resolutions to the customers.
other team members in area of product expertise.
- Submit and provide new content to knowledge base.
- Provides internal training sessions and cross-train
approval from TSS 4.
- Submit product defects to L3 Development upon
process for new product introductions.
- May manage Critical Customer Accounts as requested.
- Participate in documentation and product review
new and existing products within technical area.
- May provide technical leadership and training for
may be periodically assigned.
- Recognized subject matter expert in multiple fields.
- Perform other/additional duties and projects that
Client and Server, and UNIX/Linux.
- Possesses extensive knowledge in Microsoft Windows
- Posses beginner to intermediate programming and
Internet browser, Networking technologies,
- MS Access DB, MSSQL, DB2, Sybase or Oracle RDBMS,
Communication Protocols, Microsoft Office or
comparable suites are a plus.
major CRM tool providing case documentation,
- One or more years of experience working with one
communication and escalation support.
Education and Experience:
- EDI or XML experience a must.
field or Industry equivalent experience. (preferred)
- Associate or Bachelor Degree in Technical related
- Must have experience in customer support.
or industry equivalent experience.
- Requires minimum 1 year or more of product support
GXS Life in Brookpark
The GXS Brook Park, OH office hosts an onsite recreation
room including Ping Pong/Pool tables, Treadmills and
Exercise Bikes for our employees enjoyment. We offer
free coffee, tea and popcorn for munchies throughout the
day. The office is less than 10 minutes from a Rapid
Transit Station and provides a multitude of
entertainment options within an easy drive including the
Rock & Roll Hall of Fame and the local Cleveland sports
GXS is a leading B2B integration services provider and
operates the world’s largest integration cloud, GXS
Trading Grid®. We help our customers extend their
partner networks, automate receiving processes, manage
electronic payments and improve supply chain visibility.
Servicing more than 550,000 businesses, including
two-thirds of the Fortune 500 and 22 of the top 25
supply chains, we are valued as the world’s #1 B2B
Integration Services Company and recently named to the
To Learn More:
Req. Code : 2327
Organizational Unit : GSS
% of Travel Required : 0-20%
Shift/Hours : Second Shift (Afternoon)
GXS is a leading B2B integration services provider and operates the world's largest integration cloud, GXS Trading Grid®. Our software and...