NetSuite is looking for an exceptional, self-directed Senior Technical Writer to write documentation for highly technical SuiteCloud platform features. An ideal candidate will have excellent writing skills and verbal communication skills, extensive experience writing API and other developer documentation, and demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced development environment.
- Work closely with PM, development, QA, and technical writing to successfully deliver assigned documentation projects for the SuiteCloud platform.
- Proactively research product changes to determine scope of edits for assigned areas of documentation.
- Independently write new documentation based on use cases, user stories, feature requirement documents, specifications, information from developers and product managers, and use of the product.
- Use source code and development tools to write developer documentation, including writing code examples to illustrate product features.
- Revise documentation to incorporate product updates and product enhancements requested by customers and internal users.
- Provide input on documentation design and implementation.
- Proofread and edit documentation to ensure consistency of language and style, as well as correct application of templates.
- Produce screenshots, flowcharts, and other graphics.
- Attend and actively contribute to writing and scrum team meetings.
- Partner with other teams such as Support, Training, and Professional Services to understand and respond to customer documentation needs.
NetSuite is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment, as NetSuite does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other classification protected by Federal, state, or local law.
- Bachelor’s degree and 7+ years of experience as a Technical Writer or 7+ years combined experience as a Developer and Technical Writer.
- Attention to detail; excellent English skills; and proficiency in proofreading/editing, writing, and verbal communication.
- Experience learning, using, and writing about business applications, software, and technology.
- Self-starter: motivated and able to take the initiative.
- A track record of successfully working with development, QA, and technical writing to deliver quality documentation.
- Excellent strategic thinking, time management, and prioritization skills: ability to create high-quality documentation while making tradeoff decisions; experience in meeting tight deadlines and adapting to changing priorities.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams across product development lifecycles.
- Experience with the Windows operating system environment and Microsoft Office software, and with current word processing, desktop publishing, and graphics software.
- Knowledge of formatting standards such as JavaDOC and DITA.
- Experience with a screen capture program such as SnagIt, Paint Shop Pro, or FullShot.
- Experience working with remote teams preferred.
- Knowledge of ArborText Epic Editor preferred.
- Familiarity with Agile development.
NetSuite is focused on helping midsized companies and divisions of large corporations manage their core business processes in a single...