Are you passionate about creating documentation that delights customers?
Experienced in technology, software and B2B business? RingCentral is
seeking a technical writer with 4-5 years of experience and a passion
for turning complex technical concepts into concise, understandable
end-user documentation. As a writer, you will document setup and
configuration of the RingCentral cloud phone system, using the product
from desktop phone to mobile phone apps and managing the system.
ideal candidate will have a broad writing experience in creating user
documentation with a background in telecommunications and IT concepts.
The candidate must feel comfortable operating in a fast-paced, dynamic
environment, working with subject matter experts directly in product
management, customer support, engineering and customer communications.
User setup & configuration guides
- Create a portfolio of user and technical documentation including:
Instructional videos and demos (preferably in Camtasia)
Technical installation guides
Quick reference guides and release notes
Online help and Web-based communities
System administration and configuration guides
- Get feedback on customer usage gaps/needs from customer research, sales and product management.
Strongly prefer Adobe FrameMaker experience – publish to multiple content types including PDF, HTML and eBook formats such as .mobi and .epub.
- Strongly prefer Adobe FrameMaker experience – publish to multiple content types including PDF, HTML and eBook formats such as .mobi and .epub.
- BA/BS degree
• BA/BS degree
- Motivated self-starter, a strong driver, a natural communicator, and has 4-5 years of technical writing/documentation experience, preferably in B2B
- Strong technical & product background, especially in the telecommunications and/or IT space.
- A strong writer and editor with a memorable “voice” – an articulate writing style to make even technical details engaging and fun to read
- Strong critical thinking skills and a passion for asking questions and a relentless pursuit of digging through the data to find answers.
- Highly collaborative approach that includes the team.
RingCentral is a leader in cloud computing based business phone systems, with tens of thousands of business customers and top industry honors, including the PC Magazine Editor's Choice Award, the Small Business Computing Excellence in Technology Award, and the 2010 World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer Award. The RingCentral technology platform eliminates the need for expensive and technically complex on-premise legacy phone systems. By combining a hosted, multi-extension business phone system with advanced voice and fax functionality, RingCentral provides small businesses with world-class business capabilities that, until recently, were available only to large corporations. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, RingCentral is privately held with backing from Sequoia Capital, Khosla Ventures, and DAG Ventures. For more information, please visit: www.ringcentral.com .
To apply, please submit your resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
Founded in 1993, RingCentral, Inc. is a leading supplier of PC-based fax and telephony communications software. The company makes and...