We believe in delivering quality products, services and support. Our Client Services team has worked hard to establish an exceptional reputation. We're looking for people who can make us even better.
About the Role
As a Technical Writer you will create product documentation to be used by Software Engineers and Operations staff at leading organizations, both small and large, around the globe. This role is within our Client Services team, which is part of Basho's Engineering department.
You are someone with a technical background who is passionate about the written word. Researching complex technical topics and then distilling those ideas down to crystal clear prose is an art you enjoy and excel at.
Above all, you are an enthusiastic team player who can communicate well, and is eager to learn and help others.
This is a remote contract position (USA only). No matter where you work, you'll have opportunities to travel, meet, and work with some of the brightest minds in cloud and distributed computing.
To Be Successful
This is a demanding role. To be successful you should:
- Become an expert on our products.
- Create and maintain exceptional documentation for our products, primarily via docs.basho.com.
- Provide leadership and editorial direction for our documentation projects.
- Coordinate documentation needs and contributions across all departments.
- Contribute towards other written material, both technical and marketing in nature.
- Think outside your role. Invent new ways to improve our company and products.
- Have a strong technical foundation to understand complex concepts.
- Take pride in your work.
- Enjoy helping people.
- Communicate complex ideas with simplicity and clarity.
- Be able to prioritize work according to deadlines.
Basho Technologies is the leader in highly-available, distributed database technologies used to power scalable, data-intensive Web, mobile, and e-commerce applications and large cloud computing platforms. Basho customers, including fast-growing Web businesses and large Fortune 500 enterprises, use Riak to implement content delivery platforms and global session stores, to aggregate large amounts of data for logging, search, and analytics, to manage, store and stream unstructured data, and to build scalable cloud computing platforms.
- Involvement with other Open Source projects
- Passionate about distributed systems or functional programming.
- Experience with data-storage (SQL, NoSQL, Graph, “big-data”).