Technician, Yonkers, Westchester
Contract: Full time, permanent, 40 hours per week
Salary: $31,200 per annum
Opening in March 2013, Merlin Entertainments brings you their youngest attraction brand to the heart of New York, with the opening of LEGOLAND® Discovery Center Westchester. With over seven LEGOLAND Discovery Centres already, Westchester will be the forth addition to the USA and a cornerstone on Merlin Entertainments roll out of new sites across the USA, Canada, Europe and Australasia.
We are now looking for a Technician/Mechanic to maintain, repair & trouble-shoot all aspects of the physical plant/facility equipment and machinery including: HVAC, electrical, electronic, pneumatic, hydraulic and plumbing systems as well as rides and themed attractions. Able to utilize hands-on knowledge and experience to solve problems to obtain maximum up-time for the maximum guest experience. Position functions may include: custodial duties, re-lamping & lighting systems, food & beverage equipment, shipping & receiving as well as exhibit set-up and tear down off site. Duties will include:
• Responsible for all facilities and attraction maintenance within the Center.
• Technical support will be needed in all departments; some familiarity with all departments is a must.
• Maintains radios and radio protocol and communication within the facility.
• Follows maintenance programs to keep down time to a minimum.
• Ensures that attraction and maintenance areas are kept orderly at all times.
• Ensures security and safety of all attractions through daily inspections & documentation.
• Recognizes equipment that needs repair, replacing or adjusting.
• Keeps tools, machines and all other company equipment in good working order.
• Keeps safety as #1 priority.
• May need to attend supplemental courses, seminars or conventions.
• Team member and player, and ability to work as assigned as well as on your own.
• Follows all LEGOLAND Discovery Center policies at all times.
• Responds to emergency maintenance calls to expedite repairs, keeping safety and comfort of all guests and employees at all times.
The successful candidate will be self-motivated with excellent communication, negotiation, planning and organisational skills with an outgoing and professional manner.
• 2+ years of technical college or equivalent experience
• Experience in installing, maintaining and servicing of electro-mechanical equipment as a journeyman/technician or equivalent experience. Pneumatic & electronic background preferred.
• Considerable knowledge of the practices, tools and equipment used to troubleshoot, repair and maintain equipment is required.
• Knowledge in preventive maintenance systems is required.
• Knowledge of facilities maintenance such as electrical, plumbing & carpentry is preferred
• Must be able to react quickly and appropriately under pressure in emergency situations and maintain professionalism at all times.
• Must be willing to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends that may include holidays to support Center operations.
• Attractions/Amusement parks/Retail experience is definitive asset
In return, you can expect a great benefits package including Pension Scheme, Recognition Awards and continued growth of joining an exciting, global organization. As a team player, you will be able to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends.
About Merlin Entertainments
Merlin Entertainments is the leading name for quality family entertainment and the world’s number two visitor attraction operator. We currently have over 90 attractions spread across 21 countries and four continents, and aim to deliver unique and memorable experiences to over 50 million visitors worldwide. In the UK alone, we have a vast portfolio of reputable brands, from LEGOLAND Resort and Thorpe Park, to Madame Tussauds and the EDF Energy London Eye.
LEGOLAND - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
LEGOLAND California is a 128-acre family theme park dedicated to families with children between the ages of 2 and 12. Just like with LEGO...