Title: Technician (14-00616)
Location: Warren, MI
Pay Rate : $20/hr.
Type of hire: Contract
Requirements : 2nd shift, 4:00 to 12:30am
- Perform the more complex and specialized mechanical and/or electrical tests on product components or series of components
- Install instrumentation, measure vehicle attributes, operate wind tunnel and perform other facility related tasks.
- Develops special purpose instrumentation and/or shop or laboratory test equipment
- Maintains records on work performed, analyzes data collected, reports results
- Recommends revisions to product or component design
- Maintains good housekeeping, safety practices and supplies
- Coordinates and exchanges findings with engineering personnel outside work group on an occasional basis
- High School Diploma or GED
- Bachelors Degree in Mechanical, Electrical field or Automotive Technology or equivalent training
- Knowledge in MS Office (Word) – Intermediate level
- Knowledge with Lotus Notes or other email communication tool – Intermediate level
- Strong interpersonal skills involving ability to work effectively cross-functionally and cross-culturally
- Strong written and oral communication skills necessary for meetings and presentations
- Ability to work well with others, exhibiting teamwork skills
- Ability to multitask by handling diverse assignments concurrently
- Basic mentoring skills necessary to provide support and constructive performance feedback
- Displays attributes of a critical thinker and leverages innovative ideas
- Advanced ability to identify issues and problems, generate solutions and choose appropriate alternatives using root cause analysis where problems are more complex
- Basic knowledge of complex mechanical and/or electrical concepts - 4-6 years experience
- Basic math knowledge - 4-6 years experience
- Ability to read engineering drawings - 4-6 years experience
- Position related experience - 4-6 years experience
- Relevant auto industry experience required - Entry level (< 1 year)
- Past GM work experience required - Entry level (< 1 year)
- Areas of expertise include: Quality, Testing and Automotive systems
1. Describe your experience in the automotive industry.
2. Are you familiar with the basic knowledge of complex mechanical and/or electrical concepts? If so, please explain.
3. Please provide details of any specific achievement(s) that you would like to highlight from your career that would make you a great fit for this position?
4. What is the highest level of education you have completed? Which field of study is this degree in and from which university did you graduate?
5. Are you currently working? If not, when was your last day of employment?
6. Can you please list why you left or why you are looking to leave your most recent employer?
7. Can you list why you left each of your past employers, please?
8. Do you have any gaps in your employment longer than 3 months? If so can you explain these gaps?
9. What is your current / last salary?
10. What is your "acceptable” and "ideal” base compensation for this position? We would like to make sure we don't price you out of consideration, but you know what the numbers are that you need (Please Do Not put negotiable)
11. When would you be available to interview and start this position, if selected?
12. If you currently do not live near the job location and the commute is too far for you, are you willing and able to relocate at your own expense?
13. Are you able to work in the U.S. without need for a Visa, other than a TN Visa for Canadian citizens?
GTA has recently come under the umbrella of TeleGuam Holdings, LLC. This company was formed in order to bring state-of-the-art-telecom...