Meet Virgin America
Virgin America is a brand new airline dedicated to making flying good again. Virgin America incorporates the Virgin Brand's world-renowned customer focus and distinctive style, to create a high-value, low-fare airline that's reinventing domestic flying through award-winning service and innovative amenities. Are you Virgin enough? If you have the thirst and creativity to make this the most wowed airline in the sky, then we promise to make this a Company where inspired people like you will always love to work.
Virgin America Technical Operations is hiring seasoned Line Maintenance Technicians to perform high quality routine and non-routine maintenance. Maintaining a high level of aircraft readiness is critical to the success of our airline. Technicians must be willing to operate as a team, be energetic, flexible and safety focused. If you love working on commercial aircraft and being a member of a high performing team, this job is for you.
Main Purpose of the Role
Main Areas of Responsibility
- Ensure Virgin America aircraft are ready for scheduled flights.
- Work collectively with all departments to deliver the best possible guest experience.
- Perform day to day planned and unplanned aircraft Line Maintenance.
- Perform Virgin America maintenance in compliance with Company manuals & job cards.
- Complete and maintain required training and specialized training.
- Participate actively in the development and improvement of maintenance methods.
- Maintain Line Maintenance related tooling, stands and ground equipment.
- Perform all aspects of Line Maintenance. (Troubleshooting, Inspections, Taxi & Engine Run etc.)
Professional Experience Preferred
- The day to day performance of maintenance on A320 and A319 aircraft.
- Perform maintenance according to the Virgin America Maintenance Manuals.
- Communicate with Maintenance Control as defined in the GMM.
- Participate in maintaining the preparedness of the maintenance station.
- Perform all work tasks with a high level of quality.
- Ensure all paperwork and records are completed and handled as outline in the GMM.
- Participate in aircraft specific specialized training.
- Provide regular predictable attendance.
Skills & Abilities Required
- 2 years air carrier commercial aircraft maintenance experience.
- 2 years of A320 Family aircraft hands on experience.
- Ability to lift 85 lbs
- Ability to clearly write, read, and speak the English language.
- Ability to squat, bend and climb regularly.
- Ability to work off of stands and lift trucks.
- Ability to read wire diagrams and disseminate various levels of work instruction related to Line Maintenance and
- Aircraft Modification.
- Skilled in A320/A319 systems and troubleshooting.
- Able and willing to work any shift to include nights, weekends and holidays.
- Sheetmetal and Avionics skills are a plus.
Professional Certifications and Education Required
- Be able to qualify for a airport security badge
- Be legal to work in the United States
- Posses a valid FAA Airframe and Powerplant Certificate
- Valid drivers license
- FAA drug test required
· High School Diploma
· Airframe and Powerplant Certificate
Virgin America - 6 months ago
An offspring of Sir Richard Branson's Virgin Group, Virgin America took flight just as high fuel prices and a recession rocked the...