REPORTS TO: ALS Group Leader
LOCATION: Manchester, MI
This is a task-oriented position that optimizes the use of the available lab equipment to measure dimensions and performance of preform and container samples. Measures and documents all data acquired for those samples. Communicates results and findings to multiple internal customers, including, Corporate Quality, Engineering, Innovation, and the Advanced Development Plant Technicians. Receives hands-on learning of metrology and its impact on preform and bottle manufacturing.
· Follows all established safety rules and guidelines as outlined in the Employee Handbook, and, in accordance with the various safety-related programs.
· Assists with project execution.
· Interacts with multiple disciplines within a corporate R&D facility.
· Works with high precision in a fast-paced environment.
· Ability to read product specifications and drawings.
· Fundamental knowledge of statistics.
· Perform measurements such as volumetric, dimensional, mass, and functional.
· Follows written Work Instructions and other documented test procedures.
· Qualifies containers for production.
· Accurately documents qualitative and quantitative data.
· Recognizes and communicates the need for repairs or maintenance of lab equipment.
· Knows own job function and gaining both internal and external knowledge of the business.
· Participates in validation of lab equipment.
· Thinks within procedures and specific precedents rather than specific instructions.
· Organizes work in best sequence.
· Interpolative challenges; solutions found fairly quickly based on job related knowledge and/or experience.
· Tact and effectiveness in dealing with others in everyday working relationships, including contacts to request or provide information.
· Has limited freedom to make decisions regarding equipment adjustments.
· Works under immediate supervision.
· Requires safety consciousness, accuracy, integrity, interpersonal understanding, teamwork and cooperation, achievement orientation, listening, understanding, and responding.
Education and Experience
· Requires 1-3 years of experience in Quality Assurance/Control in a lab environment or suitable academic experience.
· Understanding of metrology.
Amcor - 11 months ago
Amcor Limited? Hardly. The package maker offers a near unlimited range of boxes, cartons, cans, flexible and film packaging, PET...