Position operates equipment that blends raw materials to create beverage products to exact specifications. This includes weighing, measuring and mixing ingredients to standards. Performs routine tests to ensure resulting mixture meets specified properties and consistencies. Also includes periodic sampling of product as it is bottled/canned to ensure continued meeting of standards includes the product itself, fill levels, labeling, freshness dating and container integrity. Position records test data and communicate modifications to the manufacturing process to eliminate any irregularities. May be required to periodically deep clean and sanitize blending/filling equipment and production lines.
This job may require lifting/carrying cases weighing 20-45 pounds repeatedly over 10-12 hour period; and continuous standing and walking, manipulating and handling product samples while sitting.
- Operate and monitor line, removing or shifting materials and/or finished product as necessary to facilitate proper flow and machine operation
- Perform tests and use special equipment to ensure package and product quality
- Operate all manufacturing equipment efficiently and safely
- Clean equipment and area during and after shift
- Maintain clean work area through good housekeeping practices
- Expedite quality concerns to line; working with maintenance as necessary
- Keep daily records tests performed and results
- 18 years or older
- Pass the drug test
- Pass the background check
- Working with basic laboratory equipment (for example, understanding, calibrating, and troubleshooting pH meters, density meters, scales, HPLC, or in-line monitoring systems)
- Reading, understanding, and writing standards of operations (for example, understanding the importance of documentation and recordkeeping or communicating processes or techniques verbally or in writing)
- Working with computers (for example, inputting line results, closing out results for the day, backing up programs, or using computer programs such as Microsoft office)
- Basic troubleshooting (understanding mechanical systems, locating troubles, fixing basic problems without having to call a mechanic or supervisor)
- Regulatory compliance and documentation (meeting testing requirements, protocols and procedures)
- Working in a lab for industrial food manufacturer (aseptic testing, sampling and technique, understanding simple measures, calculations and conversions)
PepsiCo - 10 months ago
PepsiCo, Inc. (PepsiCo) is a global snack and beverage company. The Company manufactures, markets and sells a range of salty, convenient,...