TECHNICIAN III – ELECTRONICS & INSTRUMENTATION
LOCATION: BROUSSARD, LA
# OF OPENINGS: 1
Total Safety, the leading global outsourced provider of integrated safety and compliance solutions and products, is looking for experienced Electronics & Instrumentation Technicians to perform maintenance, calibration, and repair of various equipment which may include fixed and portable gas monitoring systems, emergency lighting and air movement / ventilation equipment, and hand-held and confined space radio communication equipment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs maintenance, repair, cleaning and sensor change-outs on various types of equipment including fixed and portable gas monitoring systems, emergency lighting and air movement / ventilation equipment. Returns monitoring equipment to active status within established time.
- Performs calibration procedures on portable and fixed gas monitors.
- Completes all documentation associated with service in a timely and accurate manner and obtains signature from customer if necessary so that proper invoicing and documentation can be provided to customer. This includes all inspection and repair documents, job cost billable expenses and time sheets.
- Services and repairs hand-held and confined space radio communications equipment.
- Assists others in facility including stocking shelves with clean, tested and ready to use equipment and pulling, staging and loading customer orders onto trucks for delivery. Maintains work area and other areas in a clean and orderly condition.
- Performs basic maintenance and care of assigned vehicle and/or trailer.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND DEMANDS
- H igh School diploma or GED and associates degree, technical or military training strongly preferred.
- Experience with electronic test equipment (DVM, amp probe, oscilloscope, signal generator, etc.) Demonstrated ability to efficiently maintain, install, repair and calibrate a variety of instruments, controls, gauges and metering devices which may include electronic circuitry, and return monitoring equipment back to active status within established time frame. Ability to estimate time and material costs for assigned projects.
- Knowledge of electronics and electrical principles. Completion of manufacturers’ specific training.
- Ability to read, interpret and record data from meters, gauges, panels, computer consoles and other equipment. Demonstrated ability to use precision measuring devices, testing equipment and tools.
- Ability to diagnose problems and troubleshoot equipment regardless of complexity, and take corrective action within policy and procedure limitations.
- Proficiency in the care and use of all site specific, facility and customer required Personal Protection Equipment (PPE). Trained in Respiratory Protection and fully certified to wear respiratory breathing equipment (Fit Tested).
- Be willing travel to customers site and available for travel for short and long-term out-of-town or offshore projects.
- Must demonstrate ability to work in a team environment and willingness to assume additional or new responsibilities readily.
- Ability to read, write and comprehend English (operational, manufacturer’s manuals, wiring guides, schematics, diagrams and blueprints, safety and quality instructions).
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Second language is a plus.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to use RentalMan or similar AS400 mainframe based computer system.
- Valid driver's license from state of residence and valid proof of vehicle insurance. Must possess good driving record and be insurable for Total Safety vehicle insurance while driving company truck.
- Work Environment : Shop environment. Electricity and shock hazards. The noise level in work environment is usually moderate.
- Physical Demands : While performing the duties of this job, is regularly required to sit, stand walk and stoop, kneel, or crouch. Uses hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Salary is commensurate with experience;
- Medical, Prescription Drug, Dental and Vision insurance coverage on a cost-sharing basis;
- Basic group term life, accidental death & dismemberment, and short and long-term disability insurance;
- Voluntary program of additional group term life insurance (and AD&D) is also available;
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with matching;
- Generous vacation plan, holiday schedule and sick-time benefit plan.
Apply online at Total Safety U.S., Inc. career center. ( www.totalsafety.com ) Search for this job by location, complete online application and attach your resume, cover letter, and any other pertinent documents.
UNSOLICITED RESUMES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED