Position Summary: |
- Will install: cable pathway systems, firestop systems, various electronic components, and various cable that includes but is not limited to: twisted pair cable, coax, and power limited tray cable, stranded installation includes: placement, termination, testing, labeling and documentation.
- Perform surveys, assist in designing, trouble shoot and maintain: Telecom Systems, TCP/IP Networks, CCTV Security, Access Control and Wireless Solutions.
- Will have verifiable field experience or certification in at least two of the following technologies: Telecom Systems, TCP/IP Networks, CCTV Security, Access Control and Wireless Solutions.
- Working knowledge of the technologies listed above for which they do not have certifications.
- Posses leadership skills and will be responsible for ensuring continuity on projects, overseeing all documentation and customer interface activity and enforcing all company policies and safety requirements.
- Install and service: key and PBX systems; security and CCTV systems; wireless devices; cable pathway systems.
- Install, terminate, test, label and document horizontal, backbone and other cables.
- Dress and route cable into telecoms closets, modular furniture and other work area outlets.
- Build out telecom and equipment rooms.
- Firestop various types of cable penetrations.
- Test, troubleshoot and document test results for cabling.
- Possess working knowledge of ANSI/TIA/EIA cabling standards and the National Electric Code.
- Understands, adheres to and promotes the Environmental, Health and Safety policies.
- Conduct job site surveys.
- Possess working knowledge of Telecom Systems, TCP/IP Networks, CCTV Security, Access Control & Wireless solutions.
- Interface with customer contacts on projects & work orders.
- Interface with the end user & coordinate with other vendors for each project when required by customer.
- Provide technical support for customer contacts & Technicians on request.
- Attend project planning & progress meetings with or without the customer contacts assigned.
- Report any project scope changes, issues, or concerns to the assigned contacts
- Provide project budgets through the bid & quote process.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies & applicable laws.
- Train employees, plan, assign & direct their work, appraising performance, address complaints, & resolve problems.
- Train employees.
- Perform/prepare timely field reporting of asset usage as required.
- Must have 3 to 5 years of experience in the installation of cabling associated with: Telecom Systems, TCP/IP Networks, CCTV Security, Access control & Wireless Solutions.
- Must have 3 to 5 years of experience in the installation, maintenance & programming of the electronics associated with: Telecom Systems, TCP/IP Networks, CCTV Security, Access control & Wireless Solutions.
- Must have the ability to install, terminate & test low voltage cables & fiber optical cables.
AFL Network Services is committed to giving equal employment and advancement opportunities to all people, we make employment decisions based on each person's performance, qualifications, and abilities.
- A valid drivers license
- Equipment/Manufacturer specific certifications & or verifiable field experience .
- A High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Vocational/Technical/Business School strongly preferred.
- Customer service skills.
- Ability to read Blue Prints
- Ability to travel overnight
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, AFL & Vendor Specific Software.
- Desire to become proficient & increase profitability.
- Ability to manage three or more subordinates.
- Comprehension of the terminology pertaining to the installation & service of telecom, data, security & wireless systems.
- Comprehension of the publications pertaining to standard telecom, data, security & wireless systems practices, engineering & Federal, State & local safety standards.
- Ability to pass applicable state & federal background checks in order to become a registered security installer.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States of America.
AFL does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. Members of all groups are encouraged to apply for employment with AFL Network Services.
We will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless making the reasonable accommodation would result in an undue hardship to AFL Network Services.
Our Equal Employment Opportunity policy covers all employment practices, including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.
ALTA Telecom - 9 months ago
The information age hangs on a wire, a fact Fujikura readily understands and is very happy about. The company, founded in 1885, is a major...