Fabricates, tests, troubleshoots, repairs and modifies electronic developmental and production equipment, parts, components, and systems according to engineering instructions.
1. Performs moderately complex technical functions in support of engineering activities such as set up, operation, maintenance, modification, circuit testing, calibration and troubleshooting of electronic or electro-mechanical components and systems, experimental design circuitry, prototype models or specialized test equipment.
2. Works from schematics, diagrams, written and verbal instructions.
3. Conducts engineering tests to collect design data or assist in general research work.
4. Diagnoses and isolates malfunctions, and makes necessary repairs.
5. Assists in the development of electronic equipment.
6. Repairs or modifies cables and equipment returned by operational users or by personnel in the associated test and development laboratories.
7. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
8. Participates in special projects as required.
Associates Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training or work experience.
1-3 years of related experience fabricating, maintaining and repairing electronic components.
Knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in the installing, maintaining, and servicing of electrical/electronic/mechanical equipment. Qualified candidates must be a team player with a positive attitude; Effective written and verbal communication skills; Strong administrative and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task in a high-energy organization; Capacity to establish priorities in order to meet operational deadlines.
Must possess or able to obtain an active Secret clearance.
Security Clearance Level
Security Clearance Basis
Security Clearance Polygraph
Job ID Number
Science and Engineering
Potential for Deployment
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT),...