Fabricates, tests, troubleshoots, repairs and modifies electronic developmental and production equipment, parts, components, and systems on Naval ships according to engineering instructions.
1. Performs moderately complex technical functions in support of engineering activities such as set up, operation, maintenance, modification, circuit testing, calibration and troubleshooting of electronic or electro-mechanical components and systems, experimental design circuitry, prototype models or specialized test equipment.
2. Works from schematics, diagrams, written and verbal instructions.
3. Conducts engineering tests to collect design data or assist in general research work.
4. Diagnoses and isolates malfunctions, and makes necessary repairs.
5. Assists in the development of electronic equipment.
6. Repairs or modifies cables and equipment returned by operational users or by personnel in the associated test and development laboratories.
7. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
8. Participates in special projects as required.
Associates Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training or work experience.
1-3 years of related shipboard experience fabricating, maintaining and repairing electronic engineering systems
Navy shipboard Electrical/Electronic Experience preferred
US Navy HM&E Background preferred
Must have basic troubleshooting skills
Must be able to read electrical installation drawings and Tech manuals
Navy, GSE, EM, IC and ET a plus
Connector Certified a plus
Must be able to obtain a clearance
Number of Positions
Security Clearance Level
Security Clearance Basis
National Agency Check (NLC)
Security Clearance Polygraph
Job ID Number
Science and Engineering
Potential for Deployment
General Dynamics - IT - 20 months ago
General Dynamics Corporation (General Dynamics) offers a portfolio of products and services in business aviation; combat vehicles, weapons...