Technician, I & E - Trainee (Sonora)-00022F
Enterprise Products Partners L.P. is the largest publicly traded partnership and a leading North American provider of energy services. Headquartered in Houston, Texas, Enterprise Products and its affiliates have over 6,500 employees. Enterprise’s large integrated, geographical portfolio of assets provides multiple opportunities to grow through internal growth projects and through acquisitions. Enterprise service offerings include onshore and offshore energy gathering, processing, storage, fractionation, terminalling, transportation and marketing for crude oil, natural gas, natural gas liquids and refined products. To maximize the value of its interests, Enterprise’s team utilizes an array of options that provides innovative solutions to create growth opportunities for the partnership and build value for investors. Energy professionals are discovering rewarding opportunities with Enterprise Products through exciting new growth areas, developing markets and innovative ways to provide energy solutions to customers.
Make the most of your talents in a fast-paced environment driven by people who strive for achievement. Enjoy corporate strength, stability, and a rewarding career at a growing industry-leading and diverse operating company with a track record for success. Tap into the professional possibilities of Enterprise Products Company.
The I & E Technician Trainee is an opportunity for an individual to obtain the training and experience necessary to become a qualified I&E Technician. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Be assigned to a location within the Company to undergo orientation and training for a period that is normally 9-24 months in preparation for a future I&E Technician position.
- Participate in various training courses.
- Receive on-the-job training; working along side various plant and/or pipeline personnel.
- The training will address troubleshooting, testing, maintaining, installing, repairing, and operating the electrical systems in the facilities and pipelines; including pneumatic, electric and hydraulic control systems and devices; electrical power generation and distribution systems and facility safety systems.
- It will also address safety procedures, regulatory requirements, handling of hazardous and highly volatile materials, and various other systems that are related to the natural gas plant and pipeline industry.
- Upon the successful completion of adequate training, the candidate must be willing to relocate within the Texas operating region to fill an I & E Technician position, when an opening occurs.
The successful candidate will meet the following qualifications:
- Vocational-technical certificate or an Associates degree in Electronics and Instrumentation or related field is required.
- Must have experience in basic computer use including the use of word processing, spreadsheet, and email software.
- Previous experience with, and knowledge of, preventive and corrective maintenance of various types of equipment is required.
- Must have a valid drivers license.
- A team player who interacts effectively with co-workers, customers, and the public in a group or in independent cooperative activities.
- Must be accountable and self-driven to learn, and to continuously develop and improve his/her skills through both formalized and on-the-job training.
- Must be willing and able to perform essential functions of this position in an outdoor environment under variables such as in-climate weather conditions (extreme heat, cold, wind, and precipitation), variable heights, and unstable terrain.
- Must be able to demonstrate, through previous job experience, training, and activities, the ability to understand the operation of and repair of various mechanical and technical equipment or systems.
- Must be able to quickly learn and become proficient with new skills, technologies, procedures and processes.
- Follow procedures and performing job functions in a safe and efficient manner is core to this and all positions in the Technician Trainee Program.
Primary Location: USA-Texas-Sonora
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Level: Entry Level
Enterprise Products Partners L.P. is the largest publicly traded partnership and a leading North American provider of energy services to...