The Laboratory Technician position objective is to perform quality testing and/or support of research and development of products. The schedule is Friday-Sunday 12 noon - 1 am.
• Plans and manages the activities pertaining to testing of products from manufacturing for quality control. These activities include:
• Conducting laboratory testing, using prepared procedures and testing equipment on samples received from production.
• Monitoring the testing conditions to determine if procedures were followed and results seem appropriate.
• Entering data on a computer system notifying production about the samples.
• Maintains test equipment and prepares standard solutions for testing purposes.
• Keeps the work area clean and provides a safe environment for working.
• Performs a variety of managerial duties to ensure the safe, efficient and effective completion of work within established guidelines and according to established policies, procedures, and standards, which include:
• Developing and implementing improvements to policies and procedures to improve the operating efficiency of the department by looking to technological or human resource strategies.
• Coordinating the standardization and enhancement of operational goals.
• Planning and coordinating the flow of work based on anticipated volumes and other factors avoiding unnecessary delays.
• Evaluating and reporting on all operational trends, issues and problems.
• Analyzes and evaluates operational costs and service levels to uncover areas of opportunity.
• Maintains and establishes monthly reporting matrices and key performance indicator.
• Lead others, inspiring and motivate them to reach their potential;
• Provide excellent customer service and respond timely to requests (i.e., get back to phone messages and e-mails within 24 hours) and deal with other professionally at all times;
• Coordinate projects assuring timely completion on budget with expected functionality;
• Use excellent business judgment and rely upon appropriate information in making decisions;
• Demonstrate a strong commitment to quality and attention to detail;
• Foster teamwork and promote 1 plus 1 equals 3 philosophy;
• Communicate effective goals and objectives;
• Associates or Bachelors degree in related field is not required but, is preferred
• A strong mathematical background is required.
• Some exposure to a chemical laboratory.
• Some exposure to handling chemicals in a laboratory environment.
• Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills.
• Excellent interpersonal, creative and analytical skills.
• Computer literate.
• Must be able to lift 50 pounds multiple times per day.
Other Job Information (if applicable):
Fritz Industries, Inc. - 8 months ago