As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 21,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
In support of WPAFB clients (system users), provides installation, maintenance and troubleshooting support of voice, video, and/or data communications equipment to include edge devices such as desktops, laptops, printers, and Blackberry devices. Coordinates with Level 1-3 operations and engineering support to resolve incidents. Works directly with customers on their IT services to include resolution of users and improvement of services. Performs related tasks such as;
1. Monitors and responds to hardware and software problems utilizing a variety of hardware and software testing tools and techniques.
2. Installs and configures network hardware and software.
3. Provides network troubleshooting and support.
4.Provides technical support and training to end-users.
5. Administers network security.
6. Backs up file server data/disks.
7. Provides minor to moderately complex server maintenance.
8. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
9. Participates in special projects as required.
Associates Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
8570 Certification required at hire or approved to be hired with completion NLT 6 months.
1-3 years of directly related experience supporting network operations.
Security Clearance Level
Security Clearance Basis
Security Clearance Polygraph
Job ID Number
Potential for Deployment
General Dynamics - IT - 2 years ago
General Dynamics Corporation (General Dynamics) offers a portfolio of products and services in business aviation; combat vehicles, weapons...