Technician, Pipeline - Lebanon-0003MY
Enterprise Products Partners L.P. is the largest publicly traded partnership and a leading North American provider of energy services. Headquartered in Houston, Texas, Enterprise Products and its affiliates have over 6,500 employees. Enterprise's large integrated, geographical portfolio of assets provides multiple opportunities to grow through internal growth projects and through acquisitions. Enterprise service offerings include onshore and offshore energy gathering, processing, storage, fractionation, terminalling, transportation and marketing for crude oil, natural gas, natural gas liquids and refined products. To maximize the value of its interests, Enterprise's team utilizes an array of options that provides innovative solutions to create growth opportunities for the partnership and build value for investors. Energy professionals are discovering rewarding opportunities with Enterprise Products through exciting new growth areas, developing markets and innovative ways to provide energy solutions to customers.
Our overall mission is to operate and maintain the production, processing and pipeline assets we own, as well as those Enterprise operations on behalf of our business partners, in a safe, reliable and efficient manner that significantly contributes to our corporate strategy of growth and value creation. Join us in carrying out this important and rewarding mission, and become a part of a recognized leader in the midstream industry, the preferred business partner, and a responsible corporate citizen.
The Pipeline Technician's primary focus will be mechanical; however will perform a variety of operational and maintenance functions and duties including inspecting, troubleshooting, repairing, and replacing equipment in, around and on Department of Transportation (DOT) regulated pipelines and at OSHA/PSM/DOT regulated facilities in order to maintain high levels of safe and productive equipment performance. These duties will include operation of pump stations, and all of the associated equipment such as turbine engines, centrifugal pumps, motor operated valves, pressure switches, electric motors, transmitters, vibration switches, electronic controls and pressure regulators in addition to the routine maintenance of centrifugal pumps and electric motors such as bearing and seal replacements, alignments, drain piping modifications, etc. Duties may also include, product measurement (maintenance and operation of custody transfer measurement facilities and performance of product quality control tests), pigging (launch and receive cleaning pigs and assisting with launching and receiving of smart pigs), maintenance of the pipeline right-of-way (install pipeline markers and conduct ROW inspections) , locating, identification, and marking of pipelines in accordance with the company's One Call programs (including overseeing excavations and line crossings), along with maintenance on other equipment such as block valves, control valves, air compressors, valve actuators, etc, assisting with replacement of pumps, motors, valves, and other equipment as needed, including foundation work, initial alignment, testing, and startup. In addition, the Pipeline Technician must have the ability to understand and maintain compliance with all DOT guidelines pertaining to pipeline product transportation as well as maintain compliance with the company's and federal regulations/guidelines. Participate in training programs, DOT manual reviews and process safety management reviews and attend all safety meetings. The Technician must have the ability to meet the requirements of the company's Operator Qualification program. The Pipeline Technician will also interface with landowners as well as perform any other job duties, training or compliance requirements as directed by the Area Supervisor.
The successful candidate will meet the following qualifications:
- High school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent is required
- Vocational Technical certificate or Associates Degree in mechanical/technical or related work experience.
- Must have a current/valid driver's license and good driving record.
- Computer skills, preferably Microsoft Office Suites; skills including spreadsheet and word processing applications.
- Ability to understand equipment repair manuals, federal, state and local codes and regulations.
- Ability to produce understandable and accurate reports and records.
- Must have record of positive work performance and safety record
- Ability to perform work independently,
- History of being dependable and reliable with good organization skills
- Must be willing to take call-outs and work overtime.
- Ability to follow written or spoken work instructions.
- Previous experience and knowledge of industry related maintenance and repair standards.
- Knowledge of the general design and operation of a liquid or gas pipeline.
- Minimum of 3 years stable work history, preferably in the energy industry.
- 2-4 years previous experience with the operation, maintenance, and/or construction of a DOT regulated hazardous liquid or gas pipeline facility or similar facility/system is an asset.
- Possess a strong commitment to personal and job safety.
- Must demonstrate mechanical aptitude and dexterity in the use of tools and equipment.
- Knowledge of turbine engines, centrifugal pumps, regulators, MOV's, electronic controls and medium electrical voltage is desired with an understanding of NGL pipelines.
- Must be able to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, decision making skills and strong work ethic.
- Able to work independently as well as maintain and promote good working relationships within a team environment.
- Able to assume responsibility, be flexible, perform duties and handle multiple tasks under potentially stressful and/or hazardous conditions.
- Self-motivated individual; Accountable and self driven to learn and to continuously develop and improve his/her skills through both formalized and on the job training.
- Must be able to demonstrate sound judgment with the ability to make decisions and corrections when problems are detected.
- Works indoors and outdoors in and around industrial and electrical equipment.
- Works in extreme temperatures and weather conditions.
- Uses physical force to lift, push, pull and hold equipment and tools.
- Climbs and works at various heights and may work in a standing, sitting, lying down, crouched or kneeling position.
- Routinely reacts to visual, aural and other signals, including alarms and instructions, and is required to visually inspect work.
- May work in confined spaces (i.e. tanks, between compressors, vessels).
- Must be able to regularly bend, stoop, move from ground level to higher levels, raise/lift from ground level and lift up to 60 lbs., manually transport a load up to 75 lbs., apply up to 100 foot pounds of torque.
- Must have ability to get in and out of vehicles regularly and ride over rough roads.
- Must wear special safety equipment while working and must be able to lift and put on emergency breathing apparatus and/or protective equipment.
- Must live or relocate to within one (1) hour of reporting location.
- Ability to drive a culture that "lives" Safety First
- Open & honest communicator
- Develops relationships of trust throughout the organization
- Sets clear upfront expectations, holding themselves and others accountable
- Recognize and reward positive behavior
- Focus first on things they can control
- Adapt influence where necessary - to things outside their control
- Ability to challenge the Status Quo, not satisfied with "the way we've always done it"
- Third Alternative thinker- Understanding everything is not Black or White
- Partner with internal/external groups to ensure mutual success
- Commitment to doing what is right
- Process oriented, focusing on value added tasks
- Use technology to make us more efficient
- Make the most effective use of the tools available: E3, EMOP,
- Focus on "What is important"
- Make decisions based on what is moving us toward goals
- Practice appropriate risk as it relates to innovation and process improvement
Primary Location: USA-Ohio-Lebanon
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Job: Pipeline Operations
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Enterprise Products - 2 years ago
Enterprise Products Partners L.P. is the largest publicly traded partnership and a leading North American provider of energy services to...