The Journey Begins with you.
There's quite a distance between wondering and knowing. And for patients waiting for answers to important health questions, it's a road they want to travel as quickly as possible.
At Quest Diagnostics Incorporated, we understand urgency. But more than speed, we focus our energies on accuracy.
Currently, we seek a Specimen Preparation Technician Level 1.
Basic Purpose: The SPT I is responsible for general support functions within the Specimen Processing Department. This position requires a data entry background. Functions performed may include but are not limited to A-station, presort, pickup and delivery of processed specimens to the laboratory, imaging/microfilming, centrifugation and aliquoting. All functions must be performed with confidence, accuracy and in a timely manner. Job is complex and requires that employee have good organization skills and is able to learn and understand specimen types related to test(s) ordered by client. The SPT I must have to the ability learn and understand the compliance regulations related to test ordering which may change on a daily basis. This position is critical to quality for customer satisfaction. Additionally, since many changes do occur from day to day, great flexibility on the part of the SPT I is required. The SPT I will be exposed to many different demands made by the customer. Majority of SPT I work, on the nightshift, but based on staffing needs weekends, holidays, on call and overtime is a requirement. Department is a production environment, with emphasis on productivity/quality standards and departmental completion times.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Responsible for all responsibilities of the Specimen Preparation Assistant.
2. Demonstrates an ability to learn the job duties assigned to the SPT I, and develops an understanding of how all the functions in Specimen Processing fit together.
3. Identifies problems with specimen types, missing information etc. and assigns the appropriate TIQ, and in some cases resolves them.
4. Demonstrates an understanding of the compliance policies related to test ordering, which requires developing ability to research test ordering information on translation tables, computer system, and the directory of services.
5. Meets standards for production and accuracy within 6 months.
6. Understands the complex relationship between test(s) ordered and specimen received.
7. Completes all required written documentation, legibly and within the assigned timeframe
8. Reports to work on time, and follows attendance guidelines.
9. Learns additional functions within Specimen Processing to allow timely progression to the next level.
10. Performs other duties as assigned
1. High School or equivalent
1. Handles multiple tasks simultaneously and works in a production environment.
2. Communicates effectively with all levels of staff.
3. Maintains composure while working under pressure.
4. Reflects good judgment at all times when determining what action to take when resolving problems.
5. Adheres to Quest Diagnostics core values, safety and compliance policies and procedures. 6. Works in a biohazard environment, practicing good safety habits.
7. Keeps work area neat and clean.
8. Able to sit or stand for long periods.
9. Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills that foster a positive environment.
10. Demonstrates flexibility and ability to adapt to change.
1. Medical background preferred which includes medical terminology applicable to a clinical laboratory.
2. Medical background required which includes medical terminology applicable to a clinical laboratory.
3. Position requires strong data entry experience with abilities to exceed 6000 keystrokes/hour.
Key Word Search: MA, Medical Assistant, Phlebotomy, PA, geriatric, pediatric, venipuncture, blood draw, PSC, IOP, specimen collection, processor, entry level.
Monday-Friday 3:30pm-12:00am position located in Enid, OK.
Quest Diagnostics has many career opportunities for individuals whose talent, initiative and dedication will complement our belief that the patient comes first and that values do matter. We work to earn our customers’ trust every day by providing the highest quality products and services in a professional, accessible and informative way. Our workforce is diverse and talented and believes in our vision: "Dedicated people improving the health of patients through unsurpassed diagnostic insights."
[All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.]
Quest Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Quest Diagnostics - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
Quest Diagnostics is testing its ability to be the world's leading clinical lab. The company performs diagnostics on some 146 million...