The Journey Begins with you.
There's quite a distance between wondering and knowing. And for patients waiting for answers to important health questions, it's a road they want to travel as quickly as possible.
At Quest Diagnostics Incorporated, we understand urgency. But more than speed, we focus our energies on accuracy. Currently, we seek an Associate Medical Technologist for our Lab Operations department.
Process Genetics assays, such as Sequencing and MLPA per Standard Operating Procedures. Perform DNA extraction from whole blood. Adhere to all regulatory and safety procedures. Track and address quality and turnaround time for assigned assays. Other duties as assigned.
• Competently perform assigned tests on time per schedule.
o Result all samples within defined TAT standards.
o Answer all consults within 24 hours.
• Accurately document all test related paperwork.
• Adhere to proper clinical assay/patient documentation.
• Maintain laboratory equipment and instruments.
o Communicate and follow up with vendors and internal contacts to resolve problems.
o Properly document all usage and preventative maintenance.
• Maintain adequate stock and efficient use of supplies necessary for performing all procedures and preparation of reagents as required.
• Participate in safety, radiation safety and others continuing education programs.
• Participate in review of accuracy of all sample results
• Apply knowledge of good laboratory practice on a daily basis
• Report all problems requiring assistance to resolve to the appropriate lab supervisor/manager
• Performs miscellaneous duties as assigned
• May work in the presence of blood and/or radioactivity
• May work in freezer for up to 30 minutes at a time
• Licensed Medical Technologist, BS in Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry or other related science.
• Ability to function as a team player
• Ability to accept personal accountabilities for successful job performance
• Good written and oral communication skills
• Willingness to learn
• Good interpersonal skills
• Basic understanding of test methodologies utilized
• Capable of reading and following test protocol
• Basic computer skills
This is a full time, second or third shift position with the following schedule: Monday - Friday 3:00 PM - 11:30 PM or Monday - Friday 11:00PM - 7:30AM.
Quest Diagnostics has many career opportunities for individuals whose talent, initiative and dedication will complement our belief that the patient comes first and that values do matter. We work to earn our customers’ trust every day by providing the highest quality products and services in a professional, accessible and informative way. Our workforce is diverse and talented and believes in our vision: "Dedicated people improving the health of patients through unsurpassed diagnostic insights."
[All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.]
Quest Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Quest Diagnostics is testing its ability to be the world's leading clinical lab. The company performs diagnostics on some 146 million...